Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rc6
Streaming Star

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

Testing it now.

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

I watched an entire episode of a show without issue.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Without doubt one of if not THE lamest app on Roku even after changing from HBO to Max. Slow as molasses, audio volume issues, the list goes on and on..I sure wish a Roku community moderator would get the dev team to contact them and fix it especially since its a PAID app!

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Funny, I've felt the MAX app is working significantly faster than when it was first released. It's as fast on my Ultra 4800 as it is on my Nvidia Shield players, which are much more powerful devices. 

And MAX is not a paid app. You don't pay anything to install it. It's a subscription app, which requires you to subscribe for the content. But you didn't pay anything for the app itself. There are apps you must pay for, mostly screensavers and such. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Max App pause and playback issue, unsolved? :(

@RokuJanadeeK  What's important for you to know is that there is ZERO performance difference between the Max app and its predecessor, HBO. Browsing titles is excruciatingly slow and the audio volume tends to be far lower than others. I find it remarkable that they have yet fix all these problems. When compared to a FREE app like Tubi, it pales in comparison where performance is concerned and Tubi's catalog is as big or bigger!

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

The Max app has worked fine on my Roku Ultra, with the exception of the pause/resume issue, which now appears to be fixed.

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

I've watched several more episodes of shows of Max and there is no sign of the pause/resume issue. It does appear to be fixed by the latest update.

0 Kudos
RickyZ
Binge Watcher

I can also report that the pause and unpause feature is now working on both of my RoKus. 

0 Kudos
mebmike
Reel Rookie

Have checked for updates apps and Roku unit, have rebooted Roku unit, have uninstalled Max app then rebooted Roku, then reinstalled Max app signed back in, have rebooted WiFi router also re installed network pathway. After each time I made an adjustment I logged into my Max app tried to watch different movies, and it would kick me out of the app back to my home screen. Can watch different apps without issues on my Roku unit.

Tried watching Max on my computer browser and my iPad with Max app both played fine with no issues,  started having problems with the app on my Roku unit yesterday October 5th 2023. Would appreciate any help or reason for this problem.

0 Kudos
mebmike
Reel Rookie

Have checked for updates apps and Roku unit, have rebooted Roku unit, have uninstalled Max app then rebooted Roku, then reinstalled Max app signed back in, have rebooted WiFi router also re installed network pathway. After each time I made an adjustment I logged into my Max app tried to watch different movies, and it would kick me out of the app back to my home screen. Can watch different apps without issues on my Roku unit.

Tried watching Max on my computer browser and my iPad with Max app both played fine with no issues,  started having problems with the app on my Roku unit yesterday October 5th 2023. Would appreciate any help or reason for this problem.

0 Kudos