Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahra

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

I am having this issue also with a TLC Roku TV, watch a few minutes of a show and get booted. Seems to act up more if I pause or rewind.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SSharp80 @Sahra,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern that you are having a playback issue with multiple channels. We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.
  3. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  4. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  5. Last resort, factory reset ( Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset )

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
deannah88

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem with our Roku TV. Started with just Netflix now it's all apps. You can't even turn the volume up without it going back to the home screen.

Clearly this is an issue for many. What's the solution? Do I need to take my Roku TV back?

Deanna Hussey

berin22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unplug your TV for 15 seconds! I'm not from Roku. Just dealt with the same situation! My issue is resolved.

berin22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unplug your TV for 15 seconds! I'm not from Roku. Just dealt with the same situation! My issue is resolved.

berin22
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen #customers fixing issues!

Jump to solution

saffy74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue.  Had to do a whole factory reset to resolve the issue.  I’ve had to do it twice now.  Tried all the other suggestions and this was the only thing that fixed it.  

NomadVagabond
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've noticed that this seems to get started each time there is some kind of update or what have you. For example my wallpaper recently changed to a HBO MAX Batman wallpaper, that they auto placed over my chosen wallpaper. The kicking while streaming started up again. It had gotten better. When I noticed this Batman thing & started getting kicked again at a frequent rate, I remembered that there was a similar occurrence with another pushed through advertising wallpaper on a prior time. If this is part of an upgrade that causes this glitch of kicking - they need to fix the glitch. #Roku Support #FixYourGlitch

Tags (1)
SugarAvenue
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have done all that and I keep getting kicked out and sent back to the home screen

Kittymaej

Jump to solution

Yes, exact same. I can’t watch two minutes of a TV show because it just kicked me back to the home screen constantly so I can’t even put a show on for my kids to watch while I’m doing something because every five minutes they’re asking me to turn it back on. This is complete BS. They need to fix this because I’ve done all of the receipts and there’s no updates that need to be done and it’s just been getting worse and worse.

Tags (1)