Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hwillis

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

What would be an alternate usb?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Hwillis

Thanks for your inquiry. 

We're here to help. Could you tell us more details about your concern? Do you receive the same message on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
myhot99
Reel Rookie

OK  ROKU, Here’s the deal . My express+ is about 2 years old and not even used that much and not even starting to work. It is showing your bogus “ low power” warning and we all know there is no source of power to make it work. So I want you to post here on this support page an address to mail this unit in so you can repair or replace it. By not repairing or replacing it you are admitting that this unit is designed to fail and thousands of users are wasting hours of their time asking for your advice and attempting to fix something that can not be fixed.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @myhot99,

Thanks for the post. We're sorry to hear about the 'low power' issue and we appreciate your patience regarding this issue.

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

• How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?
  • For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting those Roku devices to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issue: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support
We look forward to hearing from you and we will be able to assist you further. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cnmwilson1118
Reel Rookie

Hello, I am having this same issue. We just got this roku 2-3 weeks ago. We had no issues with the other one. This one has always been plugged into the wall using the roku cord, it said insufficient power 3-4 nights ago so we changed out the square that it plugs into & it’s been ok for the last couple nights and now it’s saying it again. Please help! We shouldn’t have this issue with a brand new item. 

Cnmwilson1118
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R I don’t know how to PM someone on here, this is my 1st time on the forum but I need assistance with the insufficient power issue also. I have a new roku (less than a month old) that has given us this message multiple times. Please help. 
Thanks! 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Cnmwilson1118 you send a PM by clicking a person's name, and from the menu select View Profile (if it doesn't go there automatically). On their profile page is a button to send a private message. Note that some phone browsers will not show the button, so you might need to use a computer to send it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cnmwilson1118,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We sincerely appreciate your patience regarding your low power issue with the Roku device. We have responded to your private message and We're going to assign a member of our Support team to reach out to you via email. They will be assisting you from thereon.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SLBaf

my roku stick is plugged into the wall and i am still getting the insufficient power waring.  Do this mean that the stick is going bad? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @SLBaf 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos