Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitchcock PResents freezes

Watching the old (1955) Hitchcock Presents series.  They put one and maybe sometimes two current commercials into the show.  the problem is most of the time the entire system freezes when it gets to the commercial.  The only way out is to go back and then hit resume.  Sometimes that does not work and I have turn turn the TV off and on.  Eventually it will start up again.

To make matters worse, if I watch an episode and then watch the next one and have this problem, when it finally restarts the closed captions from the first one show up on the second one!

Clearly a Roku Channel bug with this series.  I have not had this problem with other Ruku channel programs nor with my Acorn channel.

17 REPLIES 17
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Hitchcock PResents freezes

Hi @carllhopkins

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

I have the same problem, but, only with ROKU Ultra devices (I have two Ultra's).  Freezing occurs whether using wired or wireless connections.

I also have two ROKU Express devices.  Alfred Hitchcock DOES not freeze when using the Express devices.

0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

Roku channel freezes when viewing “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” ON Roku channel and when using Roku Ultra devices, wired or wireless connections.  Does not happen when using Roku Express devices in either location, Office or Family Room.  Upon freezing and after restarting “Alfred Hitchcock Presents,” closed captions are not synchronized.  CC displayed is from prior episode.  To re-sync CC, must go to Settings, System, Power, Restart, then return to Home, Roku Channel, “Alfred Hitchcock Presents,” Resume or Play from Beginning.

The following are typical events (three of them) on two different Roku Ultra devices.

Roku Ultra Device “Office”

Tracker ID Event 1:

Model 4800X – Roku Ultra

SN: X01000GU9XFK (S02A214U9XFK)

Software version: 10.50, Build 4208-C2

Time stamp: 2022-01-15T13:44:13Z

Issue ID: FK-020-984

“Alfred Hitchcock Presents”

ROKU Channel V6.0, Build 15

Roku Ultra Device “Office”

Tracker ID Event 2:

Model 4800X – Roku Ultra

SN: X01000GU9XFK (S02A214U9XFK)

Software version: 10.50, Build 4208-C2

Time stamp: 2022-01-15T14:20:28Z

Issue ID: FK-021-020

Roku Device “Family Room”

Tracker ID Event 1

Model 4662RW Roku Ultra LT

SN: YJ006K924548 (046086924548)

Software version: 10.5.0, build 4208-46

Time stamp: 2022-01-15T15:10:09Z

Issue ID: 45-021-070

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jlj7422,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community and for providing the information needed. We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku Channel team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
88bills

Same thing trying to watch TV series coach. Please update the fix to Coach TV series.

0 Kudos
88bills

Coach TV series freezes On Ruku channel

The TV series coach freezes before the commercial on every episode and you have to back out and resume sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t brand new 4K Roku player

0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

Re: Coach TV series freezes On Ruku channel

Same thing happens with “Alfred Hitchcock Hour” and “Alfred Hitchcock Presents.”  Multiple times each episode.  What an aggravation.  Sigh.

Dobs1960

Alfred hitchcock hour locks up on commercial

Why does "Alfred Hitchcock Hour" and "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" lock up when going to commercials.  They are the only two shows on the roku channel that this happens to.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Alfred hitchcock hour locks up on commercial

@Dobs1960 

Has always done this for some reason on Alfred Hitchcock.  Normally, just back out/press Home and then resume playing the episode.  (Does not do this on every episode, but will happen to you sporadically with this series.)

At least on my Ultra and my RokuTV it has.

Another posting/thread indicates more prevalent on the Ultras rather than the older Express models.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.