Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmm22

TCL Roku Tv screen is black but audio works

TCL ROKU 50” Model number: 50S455

Serial number: 2203GTC011513704930

My TV was working fine then I came back after having it paused and realized the screen went black & has no picture now. It's now stuck black with working audio. It will show TCL Roku TV logo for half a second on start up, then screen goes dark.

Audio still works and can hear is switching inputs with shortcut buttons. My shows are still loading and playing but I can’t see them at all.

I tried a restart. I tried unplugging for 10+ minutes. I tried a factory reset and updating. I tried changing inputs. Nothing has worked. TV is only 2 years old.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku Tv screen is black but audio works

I hate to tell you, but you will find many, many, many reports of the same thing in the Roku TV section.  It's most likely a backlight failure.  Since your TV is no longer under warranty, TCL won't help you, and since it's most likely a hardware problem, Roku won't help you either.  You can research "backlight failure" to see if you're up to the repair, but it's not something the average user can take on.  Leave it unplugged overnight and on the off chance that you can get the picture to return, turn down the brightness.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.