Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbee
Binge Watcher

Have to shut off down twice.

Jump to solution

This issue occurs on two different tvs and using 2 different onkyo av receiver models.

Roku ultra connected via onkyo av receiver and either a 40" LG or a 55" samsung tv.

The ultra remote is configured for the tv.

You use the remote to shut the system off.  TV goes black, all set or so it seems.

Then a minute or two later the tv comes back on.

So you need to shut the system off twice ???????????????????????????????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have to shut off down twice.

Jump to solution

Hi @bobbee,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku Ultra since it will turn off by itself. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to turn off the power saving on your Roku device by following the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power.
  5. Select Auto power savings.
  6. Uncheck the box next to After 20 minutes of no interaction.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bobbee,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku Ultra since it will turn off by itself. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to turn off the power saving on your Roku device by following the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power.
  5. Select Auto power savings.
  6. Uncheck the box next to After 20 minutes of no interaction.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gv77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It happens to me as well with my Samsung TV and Roku Ultra.  It only seems to happen with my Samsung TV, and I always thought it was my TV going bad or something, but since reading your post I just realized that in fact it never happens with any other devices.  It only happens when my TV input is set to the Roku Ultra (via AV receiver, like you).  It's not consistent, just every once in a while, maybe 3 or 4 times a week or so, the TV will turn itself back on after I turn it off with the Roku remote.

I don't have the Auto Power Saving option checked, so it's not that, unfortunately.

Interestingly enough I am using a Pioneer receiver - also part of Onkyo - so this might be the common element here.

0 Kudos
Max2003

Jump to solution

I also have a Samsung TV and the sound going through a Sony sound bar using the Roku ultra with Roku remote.

I press the power button and the TV and sound bar turn off, then immediately turn back on. I have to press the power button again to turn it all off. 

I don't have the power saving option selected. 

Please help as this is very annoying.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.