Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

I’m connected via wireless too. Yet it’s only the TVs. 

0 Kudos
phoenixk02
Channel Surfer

I contacted Disney directly, I went and put a ticket in with them as well. This isn’t a Disney problem. The app works on my TV if it’s not connected to my home WiFi. I’m not the only one having this issue so it isn’t my internet provider. What’s next, Roku. Roku has to be having an issue for whatever reason. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

It has come to our attention that you are having playback issues with the Disney+ app on your Roku streaming devices or TVs and having the error message “there was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP header or an HTTP error code was returned”. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible, and we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

You have mentioned that the playback issue was temporarily resolved by using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot. With that being said, may we know who is your current Internet Service Provider? Furthermore, we would be more than willing to request additional reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team to review this matter further and figure out the root cause of the issue. 

Kindly provide us with the following details below for us to create a ticket effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Internet Service Provider

We'll be looking forward to your responses as we are more than eager to resolve this issue. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
phoenixk02
Channel Surfer

The first TV is a Philips model (65PFL4864/F7W) with a serial number of X00000MUW9N9 the version is 12.5.0 build 4176-A2 tracker ID N9-448-772

The second TV is a Sanyo model (FE32R19F) with a serial number of YK00FW519040 the version is 12.5.0 build 4176-64 tracker ID 40-448-774

0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

Viasat Internet

Hisense Model 32H4+, YK00YN770678,

30W18Y770678, 12.5.0

Tracker ID 78-448-788

Hisense Model 6Series-43

X0190068U5YF, S08JG368U5YF

12.5.0, Tracker ID YF-448-794

0 Kudos
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I have Viasat, it doesn’t have anything to do with my internet provider, I can watch Disney+ with my fire stick. My ROKU tv is a Hisense 65 in ROKU  Hisense model 65R+.  Serial # X00100KD0VYG Device ID is S05VF0AD0VYG

again though, I have been through all of this for 3 days now and I have tried everything that you all have told me to do and went through multiple people. It has nothing to do with our internet provider not Disney+ ROKU obviously has some bugs that needs to be worked out with an update. Since many of us in here has different devices and internet providers. 

0 Kudos
corynt

I've had this issue too for the past 4 days, and after reading this thread I decided to try my hotspot and it worked!! But, like people already said, I don't wanna use up too much of my data. I just want to watch Loki, man 😞

0 Kudos

Roku device is a Westinghouse model WR65UX4019, serial number YN00YJ317700 with software version 12.5.0 build 4176-AM. device ID is 0L507Y317700. 

Issue ID 00-448-924 (could not get the issue report tracker to come up on the actual error screen, it always took me back to home before I could get the issue report tracker up because of how hard it is to trigger.)

Internet provider is Viasat, we have the viasat streaming box too. 

how do we track the status of this issue and how to we apply for compensation for the outage?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, and flagging this to us.

We'll forward this information and concern with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once again, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we hope for your understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Smilinguy
Reel Rookie

TCL Model      55T555

Serial Number X013002GAAN4

Device ID         SOKMF29GAAN4

Current OS      12.5.0  build 4176-CG

Tracker ID        N4-448-969

Internet           Viasat

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.