Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

Hi, @Hunderwood95

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

May we know what specific issue you are having with Disney+ on your Roku? Also, when did you first notice this issue occur, and what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve this?

We look forward to hearing back from you,

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

I began having the same problem on both of my Hisense Roku TVs starting yesterday afternoon. Reached out to a Disney+ representative and all of the steps we took, nothing helped. Idk what the problem is, could be Wifi or provider issues but, on my iPad with wifi I was able to connect to the app and watch movies. Hooked the tv up to a hotspot and I didn’t get the message anymore. Could this be a Roku problem or a internet service provider problem??

0 Kudos
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I get an error when I try to play a movie on Disney Plus that says, “There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned.”    It’s not doing that on any of my other devices. I contacted customer service and I went through three different people and no one could help me. It’s an issue with Roku, not Disney plus. 

0 Kudos
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I don’t believe it is a Wifi issue. I can’t play Disney on all of my other devices including my fire stick. So it’s a problem with Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @greg2vn,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating from Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

System reset did not work.

Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I have reset multiple times. This is a Roku problem as I stated before. I have tried everything they have asked me to do. I can play Disney on all of my other devices and it works fine. The Hisense Roku tv is the only one I’m having issues with. 

0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

Both of my TVs are Hisense and that’s the only problem I have. I was able to start a movie with my hotspot but didn’t want to use my data. So I just cast it to the tv from my iPad 

0 Kudos
phoenixk02
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue it started last night, and Disney + hasn’t worked since. I can connect my TV to my hotspot and it works and I don’t get the error but if it is connected to my home WiFi I get the error “there was an error in the HTTP response. this could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned” I contacted Disney + support and I’ve done ALL troubleshooting. I use to be an IT tech so when it comes to troubleshooting I know how to do it. This has to be a Roku issue idk how but somewhere between the TV connecting to the WiFi and the TV playing a movie it’s malfunctioning. 

0 Kudos
phoenixk02
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue it started last night, and Disney + hasn’t worked since. I can connect my TV to my hotspot and it works and I don’t get the error but if it is connected to my home WiFi I get the error “there was an error in the HTTP response. this could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned” I contacted Disney + support and I’ve done ALL troubleshooting. I use to be an IT tech so when it comes to troubleshooting I know how to do it. This has to be a Roku issue idk how but somewhere between the TV connecting to the WiFi and the TV playing a movie it’s malfunctioning.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.