Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

My issue started yesterday afternoon and have done all the troubleshooting and mine is the same way. Played on my hotspot but won’t play when it’s connected to my home’s WiFi.

0 Kudos
phoenixk02
Channel Surfer

Yeah, it has to be a malfunction on Rokus servers side. I only say that because if it’s something to do with internet, I doubt we have to same internet so it’s something with Roku and internet. They need to fix it! Stop blaming Disney just to get out of it!

0 Kudos
Smilinguy
Reel Rookie

We’re having the same error message on TCL Roku TV.  Have done all of the trouble shooting steps, and was on the phone with Disney+ for an hour.  They said it must be a Roku problem, and from all of these posts, looks like it is! Roku, fix this issue, Disney+ comes in fine on all other streaming devices, except Roku. 

0 Kudos
Samfelix
Reel Rookie

I’ve been having these exact same problems since yesterday. I have deleted the app, restarted the Roku TV and reinstalled it 3 times. When I use my hotspot it works just fine, but when it’s connected to WiFi it throws this error every time.
Samfelix
Reel Rookie

I’ve been having these exact same problems since yesterday. I have deleted the app, restarted the Roku TV and reinstalled it 3 times. When I use my hotspot it works just fine, but when it’s connected to WiFi it throws this error every time. It is really frustrating that no one has a resolution to this.
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I agree. It’s very frustrating. Roku needs an update or something to get this issue fixed

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Disney+ is working on all of my 3 TVs. But, if I had problem with Disney+ I would contact Disney, because Disney created the app and is responsible for the support of Disney+.

0 Kudos
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I contacted Disney. It’s not Disney, it’s Roku, they are the ones who needs to fix their bugs so that Disney+ can play on their devices. 

0 Kudos
greg2vn
Channel Surfer

Did contact them and went through the troubleshooting process and nothing worked. It’s working on all of my devices except for my Roku TVs unless I’m using a hotspot or using Airplay. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

All of my roku devices are connected to my router via wireless.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.