Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCMartin
Reel Rookie

Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

I keep receiving the following error on a Disney Plus:  

There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned.

I have deleted the app, rebooted my Roku, and reinstalled the app with no luck.

Any solutions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
73 REPLIES 73
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

Hi @RCMartin 

Thanks for posting on the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Disney + channel, which is showing an HTTP error. No worries! Help is here. If the issue persists on the Disney + channel only after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RCMartin
Reel Rookie

I do not believe it’s a Disney+ issue as I am able to play the app on my iPad.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Disney+ is working fine on my 2 westinghouse Roku TVs and my Sharp Roku TV.

0 Kudos

What are the trouble shooting steps? Having the same issue. Thanks!! 

0 Kudos

@RCMartin Did you discover a solution? Been going on for 2 days now for me and cannot get it to fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kkcutie1990,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist with your issue on the Disney+ channel. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoneU

Doesn't work try to fix it  but nothing use to work. Cancel  subscription why is this happening!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NoneU,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community! 

We sincerely regret any difficulties this may have caused you. We see that you've tried to perform the troubleshooting steps that @RokuJohnB provided above, and the issue still persists. Since this is an isolated case of the Disney+ app on your Roku streaming device, we highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Support or directly calling their line at 1-888-905-7888. 

Furthermore, please be aware that even if it played correctly on other platforms, they have different system operations on the Roku platform, and most of the apps/channels here are being created, provided, and maintained by the channel provider independently. 

Feel free to contact us again if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. We're always here, willing to help, as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hunderwood95
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue and I have tried everything. It is not a Disney Plus problem, it’s ROKU. I can watch Disney on my fire stick and everything else except my Roku. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.