Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billbillw
Binge Watcher

Re: Disney Plus is freezing after ad breaks

Jump to solution

Same issue with my Roku Smart Soundbar. Last night, trying to watch one episode of The Accolyte resulted in me having to reboot, exit the app, and re-watch 3 separate sets of ads. Result was 8 sets of ads instead of 5.

Everything is updated,  login was fresh,  issue persistent after reboot.

Kcnole
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have noticed if I immediately exit the show as soon as the ad starts and then go back in, it plays the ads only once and then goes into the show. That at least alleviates having to watch ads twice. But you do have to exit the ad before it ends or it freezes requiring you to watch again. 

0 Kudos
DanoAnon

Jump to solution

I have this same issue.  Disney has to fix their app for Roku devices but they are not in a hurry as right now, all of us are stuck watching each ad break twice.

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We'd like to investigate the issue of Disney Plus freezing after ads. To help us investigate, please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (when the issue occurs, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have these details, we will pass them along to our Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kcnole
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model: 9102R

Serial: YL00AH855225

Software: 13.0.0 build 24056-95

id: 25-234-679

0 Kudos
Brinx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Device model: 9102RW

SN: YL008G762158

Device ID: B11298762158

Version: 13.0.0 build 24056-95

Tracker ID: 58-234-666 (during blackscreen) 58-234-683 (wait until error box shows up)

Disney + version: 1.41.2024051500

GC: 11.6.21

IC: 5959A-R1035

FCC: TC2-R1038

0 Kudos
Plazmic

Jump to solution

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial number:  YJ00FJ501942 (CK385F501942)

Software version:  13.0.0 build 24056-46

GC version:  11.7.22

Timestamp:  2024-06-12T02:03:13Z

ID 42-234-843

0 Kudos
telengr

Jump to solution

I have the same Roku Ultra.  I have been having the same problem.  I found a partial solution.

I pause the screen for 3 to 4 second during the last 10 seconds of the ad break. When I un-pause, the last ad finishes and the program resumes normally.

I speculate that the the Disney + app is communicating with two different servers.  One is streaming the program and the other is streaming the ads.  At the end of the ad break the app needs to notify the program server to resume playing but somehow the communication gets bungled.  By pausing a few seconds at the end of the ad break may enable the program server time to que up the program.  Regardless, this solution works for me.

Stream373

Jump to solution

Roku device model:  3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

serial number:  YH00C1856893 (21308C856893)

device ID

software OS/version:  13.0.0 Build 24056-50 GC version 11.6.21

Tracker ID:  93-234-996

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for all your reports and updates in the Roku community.

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the requested details accurately! Rest assured, we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Please feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We are more than willing to listen and take action.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.