Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfierro
Binge Watcher

Big Brother live say Im using a vpn

Jump to solution

I have no vpn, i can watch big brother live on my computers and other TVs. I watched it fine yesterday on this roku device and now it wont let me. What kind of BS is this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Big Brother live say Im using a vpn

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

We believe that most users have reported this issue and have been doing all the available troubleshooting steps to no avail. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you contact their customer support team for further assistance and clarification, especially if this is an isolated case. It's important to note that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

We greatly appreciate your patience and thank everyone who reported this issue.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bfierro 

How are you watching Big Brother? (what channel/app)

There are 26 seasons available on the free PlutoTV channel/app if you want to give it a shot over there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
bfierro
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Paramount+, my mother likes to watch the live feeds, but now she cannot.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bfierro 

A few users on some other sites indicated this message started appearing on various devices a few months ago. (they weren't using VPNs either).

Try powering off your router for a few minutes.  If your ISP issues dynamic IP addresses, you may get a new one which hopefully resolves issue.  If it does, then possibly your ISP issued you an IP yesterday that triggered a VPN detection.

I would also perform a System Restart on the Roku device as well. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart or Settings/System/System Restart)

Ironically, I will usually enable a VPN on sites that improperly detect a VPN on a non-VPN home network in order to bypass these error messages.

---

If continues to be an issue, will need to contact Paramount+ support https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ and select the "contact us" link in lower right of screen.

Their help section on "why am I seeing VPN message" is less than helpful. https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-Why-am-I-seeing-a-message-to-disable-my-VPN-proxy-when-I...

If the Paramount+ app is improperly detecting the presence of a VPN, it really is up to the Paramount developers to fix it.  May also need to work with your ISP (internet service provider) if your IP addresses continually get flagged as a VPN.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
bfierro
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update, I got a hold of paramount+ and they said they are aware of this issue. It sounds like lots of people are getting the message. I am currently emailing with a level 2 tech team.

Maureen3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue only on my tvs with a roku stick. 
I have called Paramount and they  are aware of it and fixing it. 
I called my internet provider and there is no issue for them to fix and they recommend calling paramount. 
I called Roku and they say it’s paramount that has the issue. 
Time will tell. 

0 Kudos
Laura2024
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem. Talked to paramount plus & they said they cant figure out what the issue is. But they are letting the senior technicians know & that someone will get back in touch with me. 

0 Kudos
Maureen3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have contacted them. I was able to watch paramount big brother live feeds since beginning of the shows airing in July and it’s just been in the last week they stopped working with Roku only. 
I can watch on my iPhone and iPad app without issue. 
There is something going on with the identifiers on the roku with paramount. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

We believe that most users have reported this issue and have been doing all the available troubleshooting steps to no avail. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you contact their customer support team for further assistance and clarification, especially if this is an isolated case. It's important to note that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

We greatly appreciate your patience and thank everyone who reported this issue.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
simba2

Jump to solution

it not fair. we are eagerly waiting for restoration without a vpn. free access can't be denied....

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.