Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoplay Issues with Roku Prime Video App (Only Certain Shows)

Jump to solution

I'm having an odd and frustrating issue with autoplay, specifically on the Roku Prime Video app.

• Some seasons of TV shows autoplay, but others won't. This is seemingly random. For example, season 8 of Bob's Burgers will not autoplay, but season 6 will
  • The seasons that won't autoplay via the Prime Video Roku app *will* autoplay when watched in a browser.
  • This issue occurs across multiple Roku devices. For example, BB S8 *won't* autoplay on *both* of our different Roku devices, but BB S6 *will* on both devices.

Here's the troubleshooting steps I've tried so far:

• Restart the Roku device
  • Hard power off (pull the plug) on the Roku device, wait, and restart
  • Clear the Roku app cache via button code (press home 5x, press fast forward, etc.)
  • Uninstall the Prime Video app and reinstall
  • Toggle autoplay settings in my Amazon account off and back on again
  • Factory Reset the Roku device

I'm a little flummoxed here guys. I can't find any autoplay settings specifically within the Roku Prime Video app. Only via the portal.

Software Engineer by trade so I'm willing to try more technical solutions if need be. Anyone experience this before and have any ideas for a fix? Also, I asked this question on the Amazon support forum and they suggested this is likely a Roku issue and to ask here. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Autoplay Issues with Roku Prime Video App (Only Certain Shows)

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ardenter!

We appreciate you letting us know about the playback issues you've been experiencing with Prime Video's auto-play feature and we're here to suggest some troubleshooting steps.

Before we proceed, please be informed that this is a channel feature and it is highly recommended to directly raise your concern to the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. 

Nevertheless, we can suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

If the issue still persists, you can reach them here: Prime Video Channel Support

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ardenter

Jump to solution

I'm also having this exact same problem. It has only recently started (past few weeks). Prior to that, everything auto-played (just like I wanted).

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ardenter!

We appreciate you letting us know about the playback issues you've been experiencing with Prime Video's auto-play feature and we're here to suggest some troubleshooting steps.

Before we proceed, please be informed that this is a channel feature and it is highly recommended to directly raise your concern to the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. 

Nevertheless, we can suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

If the issue still persists, you can reach them here: Prime Video Channel Support

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos