Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratchet19

Roku streambar keeps buffering on the Netflix channel

Jump to solution

I agree. Always buffering on  Netflix. I have Frontier Fios 5G internet speed with a ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band WiFi 6 router. I bought it when it first got released. Nothing but trouble. Roku needs to do something about its OS or hardware.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi @garyse,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community. We understand that you are unable to stream the Netflix app, and we're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue is persistent, please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel build version.
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

garyse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, Janadee!

The first three steps solved the buffering problem. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ratchet19,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku streambar since the Netflix channel keeps buffering. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify) Have you tried to update the channel by highlighting the channel, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates?
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
garyse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I have the same problem. I set up an eero 6+ mesh network today, connected my Roku Express. We chose a series on Netflix and it keeps buffering. I am watching a series on Amazon Prime at the moment and it is not buffering. 

How do I investigate this problem further?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi @garyse,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community. We understand that you are unable to stream the Netflix app, and we're happy to help.

We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue is persistent, please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel build version.
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
garyse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, Janadee!

The first three steps solved the buffering problem. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.