Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Semone37

TCL roku tv 55 inch going to black screen with only volume working

Jump to solution

horrible services and product! i received my first and last roku/tcl 55 inch tv for this past christmas! i hadn't had the tv for no longer than 6 months and the screen on the tv went out already! i still had the plastic on the screen and that shows you how new the tv screen still was. i called customer service and informed them of the issue with my serial# and i was informed i had to send in a video recording of the tv not working after being on the phone for about an hour explaining my dislike at the situation and trying to reset the tv on the call!!! i was also informed that after i sent in the video, i had to wait at least 3 business days for a response on whether they would either send me a new tv or send a technician out to my home, which is outrageous! keep in mind that i haven't had the tv that long! i will never purchase a smart tv again from your business involving tcl/roku even if this was a christmas gift! this will be my first and last time with your business. i will stick to my amazon firestick moving forward!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL roku tv 55 inch going to black screen with only volume working

Jump to solution

@Semone37, TCL is responsible for the hardware and it sounds like you have a hardware issue.  Roku can't help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL roku tv 55 inch going to black screen with only volume working

Jump to solution

@Semone37, TCL is responsible for the hardware and it sounds like you have a hardware issue.  Roku can't help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.