Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisw63
Channel Surfer

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I got mine to work.  As I said, turning CEC off stopped the auto-on, but got the HDCP errors.  So I turned 1-touch off, and CEC back on.  That worked, but I had to turn the Roku on manually every time.  When I saw your reply, I turned 1-touch back on, and now it works as advertised.  No clue what changed, but suddenly everything works. It was already updated to the latest version (in May).  Ah, well...

0 Kudos
MrPaul
Channel Surfer

I get the HDCP error every day on a Roku Ultra 4800X.  I have to unplug the HDMI cable from the Roku and plug it back in to make it go away temporarily.  I have an older Samsung smart TV that is 1080P.  I have turned off auto-adjust refresh rate on Roku but that didn’t help.  The error comes back every day.  Is there any permanent fix in progress or available yet?

0 Kudos
MS9999
Reel Rookie

I'm seeing this problem on two fairly new Express 4K+ devices (one of them is brand new). The failures occur on a 3-month old TV and a 16 year old Sony. The failures seem to be VERY random. I'm trying the fix of turning off the auto power save and will see what happens.

Tim16
Binge Watcher

Try turning off the Auto Power feature. It worked for me.

Blue1952
Reel Rookie

Danny,on my 4800x roku ultra I periodically receive the hdcp message to unplug etc.  I got it today when I tried to use Apple TV app. for the 1st time.  I unplugged hdmi cable and left it out 10 seconds,plugged it back into to roku box and it worked fine. I seem to get it now and again on Netflix and Sirius XM app’s in particular.

Thanks

Doug P.

0 Kudos
MrPaul
Channel Surfer

I turned off power save and I will report the results in a few days.

Etihwgerg

I.have a one day old stick that worked fine yesterday and now I get an HDCP error 020 no.matter what I try. Model is 3820VS STICK 4K

Serial #X01700F8E3PR DEVICE ID S09141A8E3PR

Software version 11.0.0 . Build 4193-CU

Please advise ASAP 

Greg white

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Blue1952
Reel Rookie

Model 4800x roku ultra software 11.0.0 build 4193-c2 device ID so2a215jtdnr.  This started within a few months of purchase.  It did it again since I wrote this when I tried to watch apple TV. The app opened and I could navigate o.k.but as soon as I tried to resume watching I got the error message. 

Thanks

Doug p.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Blue1952 and @Etihwgerg have you disabled the power saver setting under the power menu? This has resolved the issue for most users. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tim16
Binge Watcher

Turn off the power save feature. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.