Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiversideGuy
Streaming Star

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I never did trash my bricked stick BUT I was trying another device which led me to agan looking at my stick. It's now on 11.0.0 for the OS. Had to manually do some app updates, guess it doesn't auto do them. SOOO, picked a few things on Netflix, WORKED no error. Same with YouTube. BUT everything else I tried tossed HDCO errors at me. When I say "worked" there was a big caveat... I got no sound. Yet if I un then replugged power, I sure do hear the opening cords over the Roku logo.

0 Kudos
MHGaston
Reel Rookie

I have a Sona Bravia KDL-40R510C TV.  Per the Operating Manual, any connected device needs to be compatible with a HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) 2.0/2.1 system.

In February I purchased a Roku Express 4K+ device.  The Quick Start Guide says for 4K streaming an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2 is required.  When I first set up the Roku device, the TV output sound, but the picture was a blank purple screen.  I disconnected the Roku for a few months, and then connected it again today (19-June-22).  The TV first showed the same blank purple screen.  I unplugged the Roku, and then plugged in back in about 10 seconds later.  There was a software download, The Roku and TV are now working properly.  I am sending this reply, since you asked for reports of issues.

0 Kudos
Plyions24

Model: 3941x

Serial no. On device: s07p513kre4w

Serial no on screen:xo16005kre4v

Software - 11.0.0 build 4193-cr

ID: SO7P513KRE4V

0 Kudos
stoughtoncs
Reel Rookie

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra

Device ID S02A20DPYTOV

Software Version 11.0.0 Build 4193 - C2

I began seeing this message 2 to 3 months ago I believe following the latest update. It pops up most, but not all, the time when I click on a program to view. I have had the device for about a year and never had this happen before. I have tried everything and nothing works. When I unplug the device and plug it back in the message goes away and I am able to view the program but then the next time I turn the device on and try to view another program the same thing happens (again, most but not all the time).

PLease let me know how I can fix this problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Beckyboop10
Reel Rookie

I turned off power saver mode as many have suggested and I haven’t had any issues since.

thost19
Streaming Star

Same here. Turning off power saver mode seems to fix the HDCP issue. Roku still needs to correct this. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stoughtoncs @Plyions24 @fox3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community.

In addition to the information you just provided, may we request for the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) for us to send the case for investigation to our engineering team and will update you.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fox3
Reel Rookie

I started having the HDCp error message 3 weeks now, whenever I turn on my tv to watch, when I follow the steps it clears.
My problem is why is this occurring?
I have other older roku controls and this error message is not occurring with them.
Model# 39kix Roku express 4+
Serial # X01600PXffYX
Software version 11.0.0build 4193-CR

0 Kudos
fox3
Reel Rookie

How do i get a solution??

Am  i to check this site ?? if so  how often??

How do you communicate to customers to solve This issue ??

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@fox3 One person has reported success (and several others have confirmed it worked as well) by disabling the Power Saver function in the Roku menu. Since Roku players use so little power anyway, it's really not something that is really necessary, but that does appear to resolve the issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos