Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bennyh

Apple Streaming error when using Roku. Only with Apple TV

Jump to solution

I have also been having this apple tv problem. 

Whilst doing a factory reset I was unable to update the software and start the device. Error 007. I found a post here that suggested connecting Roku to a mobile phone hotspot rather than my router. This worked! The phone was connected to my router so acting as an intermediary.

What's more, I found Apple TV  works when roku connected to my phone hotspot! BUT when I connect the Roku to my router again, Apple TV again gives the connection error and will not play. The others have no problem. I should also point out that ATV works fine on my iPad when connected to my router, so it's not a problem with my network.

I don't really want to be changing networks for different channel like this. Roku, I think it might be a bug in your device. Please investigate.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apple Streaming error when using Roku. Only with Apple TV

Jump to solution

Hi, @Bennyh 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've experienced with the Apple TV when connected to your network, and we'd like to provide some troubleshooting steps that you can perform to see if it resolves the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Additionally, you can try to connect your Roku device to another Wi-Fi connection (not a hotspot) to see if the issue persists and can be isolated from your current network.

Let us know how this goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apple Streaming error when using Roku. Only with Apple TV

Jump to solution

Hi, @Bennyh 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've experienced with the Apple TV when connected to your network, and we'd like to provide some troubleshooting steps that you can perform to see if it resolves the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Additionally, you can try to connect your Roku device to another Wi-Fi connection (not a hotspot) to see if the issue persists and can be isolated from your current network.

Let us know how this goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.