Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomC

All the same commercials on a consistent basis

Jump to solution

No matter what roku channel I watch the same commercials are run promoting the same shows over and over. It's gotten to the point where i won't ever watch the Rich Eisen show just because of seeing the same thing every time the show promotions are run... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All the same commercials on a consistent basis

Jump to solution

Hi @blahshmiah,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the repeated commercial sequence and the frustration it has caused. We understand that the ads displayed may not always meet everyone's preferences or expectations. However, we ensure that offensive images and content that may be disagreeable to Roku users are avoided.

It's important to note that commercial repetition can occur due to various factors, including ad scheduling algorithms and network connectivity issues. While we strive to provide a seamless and enjoyable viewing experience, occasional technical glitches may result in unwanted repetitions.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Thank you so much for your feedback; we value your input.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ThomC,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the experience you had with commercials and ads. We understand that repetitive ads take out the fun of the streaming experience. We want to assure you that we are committed to following the proper standards with our commercials and ads to avoid offensive and inappropriate displays of content. I'll forward your comments to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
jerameez
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same. I watch Rich Eisen and that romcom in Paris and weird al are getting on my **bleep** nerves. I immediately mute the show. It is getting to the point where I'd rather listen then watch on Roku and judging by the response which didn't really address you question, there won't be anything done about it. Sucks that they have a decent product that continues to get dragged down with all the commercial issues.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello, @jerameez.

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with the same issue.

As mentioned above, we'll have this forwarded for review. We sincerely appreciate this feedback.

If you have other comments, suggestions, observations, or inquiries you'd like us to address, feel free to leave them on this platform.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

For years I put up with the Roku commercials loud enough to blow my speakers. Due to the law, they finally had to fix the volume and started with the repetitive commercials.  It has taken me over a year to get to this point, complaining!  Enough is enough, enough, enough, enough, enough, enough, enough, get it?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ladyinmidlo,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We would be pleased to investigate further into your complaint about the commercial being excessively loud. Would you kindly supply the information requested below?

• May we know if this is happening on all channels and contents or if it is isolated? (Specify)
  • Could you send us a video clip of the issue you're having running?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sdvick

Jump to solution

I came here to say the same thing! I was wondering if there’s a way to select the type of ads I’d be interested in, since I don’t have the option of none. I’m getting the same 4-5 over and over. It’s annoying! 

0 Kudos
Chandrakas

Jump to solution

I can't even watch my favorite channel anymore! The constant repetitive commercial OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER 😕 very annoying to say the least

libssuk22

Jump to solution

I agree. It's beyond annoying... same 5 commercials over and over and over and over... it's insane

0 Kudos
Zoey1051

Jump to solution

4/6/2024…same question. Why the same six commercials on a loop and interrupting movies in the middle of scenes and in the middle of lines? It’s maddening and keeps me from tuning in to watch things I want to see.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.