Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerret

Smart Home App prompted to update the app, but no update option on Playstore

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing the same issue. App worked just fine to get the new cameras I purchased hooked up and worked great... For 1 hour. Now nothing. Uninstalled, cleared cache and all app data, restarted phone- I tried everything. Now i have a new dog at home I can't keep an eye on and $200 less in my pocket. Thank you for that 👎

This appears to be an ongoing issue after finding many articles online and on the forum with people stating the same issue. Get your heads out of your asses and fix this issue. 

(Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [RESOLVED] Smart Home App prompted to update the app, but no update option on Playstore

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve the issue. We are pleased to let you know that the problem has been successfully fixed. Feel free to download the latest version of your Smart Home App to enjoy the improvements.

If you have any further questions or require assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to us. We are committed to providing support and are ready to assist you whenever you need it.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
fesipps3rd

Re: Smart Home App prompted to update the app, but no update option on Playstore

Jump to solution

Same problem here priblem is not resolved 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home App prompted to update the app, but no update option on Playstore

Jump to solution

Greetings @fesipps3rd @Jerret,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing your report about this issue with the Smart Home app. Please be advised that we are aware of the issue, and the engineering team is currently investigating it. In the meantime, we'll need your help with the details below.

• Phone Brand:
  • Model:
  • App Store Version:
  • Android phone version:

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AprilRagsdale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here but my husband's app is working fine. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
AprilRagsdale
Channel Surfer

No update with smart home, still not working

Jump to solution

Still having issuing with the app. There is no update available through Google Play Store. I've tried all the suggestions to. 

0 Kudos
AprilRagsdale
Channel Surfer

Re: No update with smart home, still not working

Jump to solution

Apparently this is an on going issue for a while now. I'm about to cancel my subscription and go with another service. I pay money to be able to check on my kids and animals while I'm at work. This is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AprilRagsdale,

Thank you for letting us know about this. We need to collect the specific information requested by @RokuERey  in the previous message.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AprilRagsdale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Samsung S22 Ultra

AprilRagsdale
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Everything is up to date!

Android 14

RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AprilRagsdale,

Thank you for sharing the information. We have forwarded it to the appropriate team for further action. We will keep you updated on the progress in this thread as soon as we have more information.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated while we work to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.