Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenFow
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

I have turned off 2FA at least 5 times and it doesn’t turn off. This was and is an incredibly bad idea, I will be getting rid of all Roku cameras and lights bulbs, 2FA isn’t wanted and just makes turning on and off lights a pain and gets in the way with members trying to access the app. I gave you more than enough time to fix this, and now you lost a customer so glad I didn’t buy all the other devices I was planning on buying.

Catso
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart Home app demands I enable two-factor authentication - even after turning it off

I get this too. For anyone who also gets this, heres how I avoid it:

Turn off wifi. Open the app. Close the errors. Turn wifi back on.

0 Kudos
KenFow
Channel Surfer

I got rid of Roku and not coming back. Roku lost me as a customer because they don’t understand and are unwilling to understand that most people just don’t want 2FA.

Maliska
Streaming Star

Here we are again Roku totally doing bad **bleep** it's completely f*** over there customer base. 

Someone manages to unlock my phone clearly they have access to my text messages MFA is completely useless. 

Why do I want to unlock my phone got to the app just to go get a code to unlock it again.

F**k you Roku and F**k your cameras

WellFuku2
Channel Surfer

I totally agree with Maliska it makes things much less safe. Roku needs to stick to streaming devices - clueless on cameras and how end users need to use them.

0 Kudos
Yeshua

Re: Smart Home app demands I two-factor authentication code - even I insert it

If anyone can help the app just keep asking for the 2FA code and even I insert the delivered code by phone or mail it keeps asking me for a code and I can't access to my account anyone knows how to fix this issue ?? 

BasedDark
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart Home app demands I two-factor authentication code - even I insert it

I'm having this same issue, at this point I legit feel like returning the camera I purchased and asking for a refund... how can I not be able to access my app!!! Every time I launch the roku app I'm asked for the 2fa code, I put the code that was sent and yet it again asks for the code... IMMEDIATELY!!! Not even 5 minutes later, but right there and then. 

Is there any workaround to this? Should I reinstall the app or is there another way around it? 

0 Kudos
Shiv_Sin

Umm but it's looping on the authentication screen so even after entering the code I still cannot get in to access my **bleep** cameras that I use to monitor my child...wth is happening!

0 Kudos
know1one

This is NOT more easy OR worry free.

Having this stupid 2FA on for the app truly defeats the pupose - the time it takes you to have to deal with atrocious 2FA your doorbell can another 50 times.

Having to go through this Nightmare, EVERY time my doorbell gives an alert is a colossal waste of time.  

ROKU truly needs to let us consumers make the choice ourselves & accept the responsibilty for NOT having to deal with this annoyance -- obviously everyone who posted here would opt out of this garbage.

YES !! ideally you want your account secure & normally dealing with 2FA is not an issue -- Just NOT when using the app, "especially" for Smart Home device like the doorbell - you need instant access, not wasting time with that cursed 2FA!!

More "especially", in the event of an emergency - valuable time is wasted.

Give us the consumers & customers, the right to make our own choice & accept to NOT have to use that abominable 2FA for the app !!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.