Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Indoor Camera notifications not working

Jump to solution

I purchased this particular camera because it was advertised as not needing a subscription for basic notifications. Like everyone else, the system worked perfect for the first week (a little too perfect, but that's not a complaint). Once that free trial expired, crickets. I never got another notification again. I chatted with support twice, repeating the exact same steps and being told that my 2-week old camera may have been faulty. There are countless threads saying the exact same thing - the notifications worked during the free trial and stopped working when it ended. The last guy I chatted with, after all of the explanation and troubleshooting, asked me if I wanted to sign up for a paid subscription, since that was the only way it worked. if that was not a slap to the face, I don't know what it. I get that the camera was only like $25 at Walmart, but there needs to be a class action suit for false advertising. I've read horror stories of peoples homes being robbed, and nothing was captured/recorded and no notifications were sent. My apartment is being sold, so the landlord and realtor are constantly in and out of my apartment while I am at work. I also have severe anxiety, so trying to work while also trying to watch my camera feed live for an 8 hour shift is not how I planned to use this camera. I see that Roku "bots" post the same generic troubleshooting steps on these threads, but we all can't possibly have faulty brand new cameras. This needs fixed asap. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home Indoor Camera notifications not working

Jump to solution

Hi @msagnew2004,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for reporting this issue directly to us!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it will not give you a notification. We're happy to assist you further. Please follow the steps below to see if it fixes the issue.

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and indoor camera's firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure push notifications are "on."
  3. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to your mobile phone. Check your Apple or Android app permissions.
  4. Check that your detection settings are turned "on" in the Events Recording setting.
  5. Confirm there are no event recording schedules.
  6. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  7. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect notifications.
  8. Make sure that your indoor camera is not very far from the connection.
  9. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app.
  10. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app.

If these steps won't fix the issue, Factory reset the Roku Indoor Camera SE  and Set it up.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart Home Indoor Camera notifications not working

Jump to solution

Hi @msagnew2004,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for reporting this issue directly to us!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku indoor camera since it will not give you a notification. We're happy to assist you further. Please follow the steps below to see if it fixes the issue.

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and indoor camera's firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure push notifications are "on."
  3. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to your mobile phone. Check your Apple or Android app permissions.
  4. Check that your detection settings are turned "on" in the Events Recording setting.
  5. Confirm there are no event recording schedules.
  6. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
  7. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect notifications.
  8. Make sure that your indoor camera is not very far from the connection.
  9. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app.
  10. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app.

If these steps won't fix the issue, Factory reset the Roku Indoor Camera SE  and Set it up.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SteveS97

Roku Indoor Home Camera - Not getting notifications on my iPhone after free trial ended.

Jump to solution

I was getting notifications during the free trial but now that the free trial ended, I am not getting notifications when someone is walking around my house and the camera is armed. I am told by Roku that one does not need to subscribe to get notifications; they just won't have the events recorded. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any insight?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Indoor Home Camera - Not getting notifications on my iPhone after free trial ended.

Jump to solution

Hi @SteveS97,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku indoor camera since it will not give you a notification. Please try the troubleshooting steps above.

If the problem still persists, keep us posted.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhoore

Re: Roku Indoor Home Camera - Not getting notifications on my iPhone after free trial ended.

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing! I can't get notifications. Haven't had them for over a week now. VERY frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.