Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moneek

No call/text notifications from Noonlight

Jump to solution

I have a paid subscription for Smart Home. When I first started, I would receive calls/texts from Noonlight whenever an alarm was triggered. Now I do not receive those calls/texts. I just simply get a red screen and if I'm not looking at my phone I don't even know if it has been triggered. I have reached out to technical support and it has done NO good. I reached out to Noonlight and everything seems to be good on their end. I also get a message that my "Smart Home Subscription has been paused" even though it is paid for. NO ONE at Roku has been able to help me. I am at my wits end and am about to CANCEL everything...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No call/text notifications from Noonlight

Jump to solution

Hi @Moneek,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you no longer receive calls or texts from Noonlight on your Roku Smart Home app after the alarm triggers. We would be more than happy to sort this out for you.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the details below:

1. On your Roku Smart Home app, go to the Monitoring tab
  2. Select “Home information
  3. Verify a home Address is inputted under the “Basic info” section
  4. Go back to the “Home Monitoring Settings
  5. Select “Emergency Contacts
  6. Verify that a primary contact with a phone number has been added. If not, click Add Contact and follow the steps.
  7. Go back to the “Home Monitoring Settings”
  8. Select Home & Away
  9. Select Alarm Response
  10. Under Notifications, make sure “Allow Critical Alerts” is selected.
  11. After that, you can test whether the alarm is working now. Please note that you will receive a text/call from Noonlight that you MUST answer.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No call/text notifications from Noonlight

Jump to solution

Hi @Moneek,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you no longer receive calls or texts from Noonlight on your Roku Smart Home app after the alarm triggers. We would be more than happy to sort this out for you.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the details below:

1. On your Roku Smart Home app, go to the Monitoring tab
  2. Select “Home information
  3. Verify a home Address is inputted under the “Basic info” section
  4. Go back to the “Home Monitoring Settings
  5. Select “Emergency Contacts
  6. Verify that a primary contact with a phone number has been added. If not, click Add Contact and follow the steps.
  7. Go back to the “Home Monitoring Settings”
  8. Select Home & Away
  9. Select Alarm Response
  10. Under Notifications, make sure “Allow Critical Alerts” is selected.
  11. After that, you can test whether the alarm is working now. Please note that you will receive a text/call from Noonlight that you MUST answer.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.