Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

Error when logging in on phone

Jump to solution

This is the second post I can't login on the phone app. Never an issue until I was logged out in June with the last update. I can see camera on tv and my tablet. I need this fixed. Seems noone wants to respond to my last response

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error when logging in on phone

Jump to solution

Hi @Unicorntails101,

Just a follow-up with troubleshooting steps for the issue of being unable to log in to the Roku Smart Home app. Please try the following:

1. At the app's login screen, do not click "Sign in as" where the email address is already filled in.
  2. Instead, click "Use a different Roku account" at the bottom
  3. Enter the email (You can use the same one as it showed up on the previous page)
  4. Enter the account password and hit Sign in.

This will sign in as new again and bypass the saved credentials, as there may have been an error.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Unicorntails101,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing logging into the Roku Smart Home App. We understand how frustrating this can be, and we're here to assist you in resolving the issue. To successfully log in to the Roku Smart Home App, we recommend changing your account password. You can learn how to reset your password here: Password Reset.

If you're still unable to log in with the Roku Smart Home App, please keep us posted, and we'll continue to assist you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I changed password and still same something went wrong try again message

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Unicorntails101,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We acknowledge your concern, and we would be pleased to assist. Have you signed in with the Roku Smart Home app using your correct credentials? Also, are you receiving any error codes or messages?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes correct credentials. This is the same message I'm getting since your update in June 

image.png

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follow-up, @Unicorntails101!

We value the information you provided and would like to learn more about your problems with the Roku smart home app. Can you please provide the following details?

• Does your phone have the most recent software?
  • Is your phone rooted or not?
  • Furthermore, does this occur during or after sign-in? Does it happen on different networks?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes phone is up to date with software. 

Don't know what rooted or not means

As I stated previously when I try to login. I sent the screenshot in previous reply. I click my email address then the error message 

All was good until your update in june

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Unicorntails101,

Thanks for the update and we're sorry for the late response.

We appreciate you for providing additional details. Rest assured, we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Please feel free to to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Unicorntails101,

Just a follow-up with troubleshooting steps for the issue of being unable to log in to the Roku Smart Home app. Please try the following:

1. At the app's login screen, do not click "Sign in as" where the email address is already filled in.
  2. Instead, click "Use a different Roku account" at the bottom
  3. Enter the email (You can use the same one as it showed up on the previous page)
  4. Enter the account password and hit Sign in.

This will sign in as new again and bypass the saved credentials, as there may have been an error.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Unicorntails101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much I am now logged in

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.