Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelsey82

Trying to set up TCL Roku TV email not sending

Jump to solution

I've made a roku account online and when I am trying to set up my new tcl roku tv it's asking for my email to send an activation link but it keeps saying it can't reach me by email & try again it is spelt right it's just not sending me the code and I can't go any further. I don't know what to do it's connected to the Internet with wired connection. Could anyone help please 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to set up TCL Roku TV email not sending

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Kelsey82.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have come across an unexpected issue while setting up your TCL Roku TV. We are here to provide any assistance you may need.

If you're having trouble setting up your TV and you're not receiving the activation email, you can try restarting the activation process by following these steps:

• Power cycle the TCL Roku TV. To perform a power cycle on your TCL Roku TV, unplug it from the power source and wait for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
  • Type your Roku Account email correctly. Check if you typed in the correct characters of your email. Please ensure that the email address you provided is accurate, with no unnecessary characters added or removed,  as any changes can result in the activation link not being received. Also, make sure that the email account is regularly checked and capable of receiving messages in order to ensure the successful delivery of the activation link. It's important to note that activation links have a validity period of 30 minutes, after which they will expire. If the link is not received, try checking the following:
  1. Wait a bit longer. Sometimes, it may take a few minutes to receive the activation email. Please wait a few minutes before proceeding with any troubleshooting steps.
  2. Check your spam folder. Your email system might block messages from unknown senders and move them to the spam folder. To ensure you receive emails from Roku, including the activation email, check your spam folder and mark Roku as a trusted sender.
  3. Use the QR code option for activation. If you still haven't received any activation link after doing all the steps above, you can try activating your TV using the QR Code. On your Roku Remote, press the Star * button and select Activate with the QR code.

If you have completed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and the issue with your TCL Roku TV persists, you can consider performing a factory reset. This will allow you to restart the setup process. You can do that by pressing the Star * Button on your Roku Remote and clicking the Start Over (Factory Reset) option on the screen.

For more detailed information about setting up your TCL Roku TV, you can visit this support FAQ on How to set up your Roku TV system.

Please let us know if you have other inquiries.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trying to set up TCL Roku TV email not sending

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Kelsey82.

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have come across an unexpected issue while setting up your TCL Roku TV. We are here to provide any assistance you may need.

If you're having trouble setting up your TV and you're not receiving the activation email, you can try restarting the activation process by following these steps:

• Power cycle the TCL Roku TV. To perform a power cycle on your TCL Roku TV, unplug it from the power source and wait for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
  • Type your Roku Account email correctly. Check if you typed in the correct characters of your email. Please ensure that the email address you provided is accurate, with no unnecessary characters added or removed,  as any changes can result in the activation link not being received. Also, make sure that the email account is regularly checked and capable of receiving messages in order to ensure the successful delivery of the activation link. It's important to note that activation links have a validity period of 30 minutes, after which they will expire. If the link is not received, try checking the following:
  1. Wait a bit longer. Sometimes, it may take a few minutes to receive the activation email. Please wait a few minutes before proceeding with any troubleshooting steps.
  2. Check your spam folder. Your email system might block messages from unknown senders and move them to the spam folder. To ensure you receive emails from Roku, including the activation email, check your spam folder and mark Roku as a trusted sender.
  3. Use the QR code option for activation. If you still haven't received any activation link after doing all the steps above, you can try activating your TV using the QR Code. On your Roku Remote, press the Star * button and select Activate with the QR code.

If you have completed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and the issue with your TCL Roku TV persists, you can consider performing a factory reset. This will allow you to restart the setup process. You can do that by pressing the Star * Button on your Roku Remote and clicking the Start Over (Factory Reset) option on the screen.

For more detailed information about setting up your TCL Roku TV, you can visit this support FAQ on How to set up your Roku TV system.

Please let us know if you have other inquiries.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.