Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJackson
Reel Rookie

Roku device stopped working with Mitsubishi 40153 tv after update

I have a Mitsubishi LT 40153 TV. The Roku 3930X stopped working after I did an update. Now I just get a blue screen.  When I connect it, it thinks it's a DVD player under movies. The other choice is under TV-- I've tried giving the HDMI ports different names but none of them seem to be a wifi connection.  This 3930X does work with a Dynex DX LCD22-09 TV

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device stopped working with Mitsubishi 40153 tv after update

Hi @MJackson,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting those Roku devices to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
MJackson
Reel Rookie

Thanks Mary.  It is plugged into a USB adaptor that's plugged into a surge protector.  Per my original note, it works on a Dynex TV but not the Mitsubishi TV--both plugged in the same way.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@MJackson

Thanks for your reply. 

We can try to troubleshoot the device and resolves the issue. Follow the suggested tips below:

• Power cycle your TV and Roku device by unplugging them from the power source for at least 10 seconds, then plug them back in.
  • Make sure you have selected the correct input (source) selected on your TV
  • The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty (try using a different one)
  • Try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV 

For additional troubleshooting, you may also refer to this link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos