Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrobz
Reel Rookie

Roku 1 2710X activation issue

Hi 

I got a Roku 1 model 2710X from EBay it has old fashioned composite video out so I can use it on my old crt tv

its been factory reset, I connect it to wifi ok and then it says Actuvation Issue there was a problem activating - how do I activate this unit?

thanks 🙂

Matthew (uk) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 1 2710X activation issue

Hi @mrobz,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this issue that you had with the Roku one since you are having a hard time activating it.

The most recent features are no longer supported by the device you are currently using, so please be aware of that. This indicates that there will be no more software upgrades, new features, or streaming channel updates for this device. You can continue to stream your existing channels on your Roku player. But, as those channel partners release changes, you can eventually lose access to some channels. We advise returning it and getting a newer Roku device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrobz
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 1 2710X activation issue

Thanks for the reply - I’m ok with not receiving any updates, but don’t know how I can get past the activation part of the setup? It says it’s unable to retrieve an activation code? 
Should I be able to activate it so I can use it? Even if it’s no longer a supported version?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.