Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LRFEHR
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express keeps returning to “Let’s get started”

same exact thing is happening to me and i have tried everything

11 REPLIES 11

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Celiadouglas,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're here to help. May we ask when you started seeing the issue? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem? In addition, could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same problems and I’ve run all the trouble shooting steps! How do I fix this! 

0 Kudos

I’m frustrated… sharp Roku tv frozen on let’s get started.. says press button on remote ..to turn on or off screen reader… I reset it in the back with a pin.. as advised now locked on this screen,,, remote has new batteries.. it came with the tv… PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Joanneblackwell

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have set up this Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

For more detailed information about activating your Roku device, visit our support page here: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrJoker

I have a 32" Westinghouse Roku TV that started randomly going back to the "Let's get started" setup a few days ago.  It happens every few hours whether I'm on it or not. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrJoker,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're also seeing the same behavior and we'd like to be of assistance here. Could you tell us when you started seeing this changes and have you tried any troubleshooting and what didn't work? Also, is this a newly activated device or have you been using this for a while.

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jen218
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue. It is about 2 years old. Just moved and set up new wifi. It started up fine for about a week and now I'm stuck on select a language. I reset with a pin. I unplugged and put in another outlet. I restarted wifi router. Nothing is working. Help please. I'm not seeing answers to the people above. Frustrating.  Probably wouldn't buy another roku tv. It's pain to gets answers. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jen218,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for alerting us to this; we hear you. Could you elaborate on this for us? With your remote and setup, are you able to browse it, but it will bring you back to the problem?

Have you tried doing a factory reset on this device to see if it helps in addition to disconnecting the TV?

Let us know more about this so that we can help you even better.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos