Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mkrish

Roku Streaming Stick not booting

My Roku device - Roku Streaming Stick 4K- is not booting. Model: 3820X2. I reached out to Roku's online support and tried everything they suggested including changing the TV and factory reset. Nothing worked. The online support assistants named Jananie and Rowzan (not sure if they are AI bots) were not helpful. Jananie asked me to try something and disconnected me saying they waited for a while. The truth is they didn't wait for more than 2 minutes.  They kept repeating questions, disconnecting my chat, and finally said they will email me after talking to their team. I have a screenshot of the entire conversation for the record. There was a mention of potential hardware failure. The customer service was the worst I have ever experienced. My device is under warranty. 5 days later I found an email in inbox but the link to an open ticket (#9622328) expired in 3 days. How in the world Roku decides 3 days is appropriate time for an open ticket while I waited 3 days to get an email. I reached out to them again but no response. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick not booting

Hi @Mkrish,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and understand that this is not the experience we aim to provide. We would like to offer our assistance in getting you started. Our records show that you have experienced an issue where the startup screen freezes, and we would like to gather more information about this. To further assist you, we have sent you a private message with more details.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos