Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AirJunky
Reel Rookie

Streambar Pro setup with new voice remote

I just bought a Streambar Pro & a new voice remote. The Streambar was factory reset. Now I'm trying to get it going. I put the remote in pairing mode by pressing the Home & Back buttons. I plug in the Streambar Pro, I see the dancing Roku splash screen, but the remote never responds at all. After 20 or 30 seconds, the Streambar LED goes orange, then turns off. 
Any tips on getting this setup?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar Pro setup with new voice remote

Hi @AirJunky,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Congrats on your purchase. I apologize for any issues you may have had during the setup process. We would be happy to assist you in getting started. Please try performing a reset again to see if that resolves the issue. Additionally, you can find more support on our support page, which you can access at the following link: How to set up your Roku Streambar Pro.

For your remote, you can try a new set of batteries and then try again to see if that works.

Note: If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For more information and detailed instructions, you can refer to this support page: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AirJunky
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey,
The Streambar is a 9101x. 

I put the remote into pairing mode with the Home & Back buttons & see the flashing green LED. I tried a different set of batteries & the green LED still flashes when I go into pairing mode.

Then I plug in the Streambar HDMI to the HDMI(ARC) plug on the Samsung TV, then plug in the power. It powers up, I see the dancing Roku splash screen, then the LED goes orange & then red & the display goes dark. 
The s/n is R6428C997475

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@AirJunky,

Thanks for your prompt response!

We'd also recommend using a different power adapter or another HDMI cable and see if that helps. Connecting to a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku streaming player will not need to power-up every time you turn on your TV. This means your player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Most Roku streaming players have a light on the front of the unit. Under normal operation, this light is either off or white and may flash when you press buttons on your remote control. However, it will FLASH RED when your device has insufficient power.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AirJunky
Reel Rookie

I'm not seeing any flashing red. I tried other power & HDMI cables and did not see anything different. The original cables are the ones that came with the Streambar and are in new condition. I am plugging directly in to the wall outlet, not using any surge strips or extension cords.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@AirJunky,

Thanks for the additional information. We'd like to take a step in here and forward this over to the appropriate Roku team. I've sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos