Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie82

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

I have done both and still saying not connected. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Jvc roku tv disconnects daily from wifi

Jump to solution

This may fall under the "Known issue":

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-Roku-TV-Network-Connectio...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Willslady

Connection issues?? Tcl 55" connecting to net while off

Jump to solution

I've recently gotten a tcl roku smart TV 55" 

While my TV is OFF it is still connected to the internet. What can I do to solve this? While off its using my internet. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku tv disconnected from network every time its turned on!

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MzPatterson!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the team for further investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Internet service provider

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Reggie82, @Willslady!

Thank you for letting us know about this. We'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the appropriate team for further investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Internet Service Provider

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
KenZie2

Roku TV does not connect to Wifi.

Jump to solution

My Roku TV will not connect to WiFi unless I unplug it from the wall outlet and plug it back in.  If I turn the TV on it doesn’t connect to WiFi unless I renter all password information.  Unplugging it is easier than always entering the password information. It has been this way for the last two months. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV does not connect to Wifi.

Jump to solution

See if the following thread applies:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-Roku-TV-Network-Connectio...

Instead of unplugging it, can you just perform a "Check connection" under Settings->Network or a "System restart" under Settings->System->Power?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hmrsjr

Onn Roku Tv WiFi Issue factory resent completed multiple times

Jump to solution

We are having an issue with out ONN Roku as well. We did a factory reset but it won’t stay connected to the internet. Works fine on all other devices (Sony, TCL, VIZIO, Apple TVs, and multiple other devices) but this ridiculous onn tv won’t stay connected. We can’t go more than 5 minutes watching anything without it freezing and saying the internet is no longer connected. 

0 Kudos
bhulaten1

Roku TV keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV, it's about 3 years old but in fantastic condition. A few days ago the TV wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi, that day I tried everything I could think of including: shutting the TV off & back on, doing a system shutdown, doing a reset connection, restarting my Internet modem (even though I had other devices connected with no issues), I also tried to setup the connection but it sat on "searching for connection" for awhile - so finally I did a factory reset, which worked.

But today, the same thing happened - nothing worked, did another factory reset, which worked..but is this just going to keep happening? Every few days I'll need to factory reset?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

Hi, @kpinn @bhulaten1!

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and connect your Roku TV to your network connection effectively so you can get back on streaming.

Before proceeding, could you please confirm if your TV recently received any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered the issue? If so, could you please let us know when you received the software update and what version it is?

Furthermore, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows so we can look further:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • ISP (internet service provider)

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.