Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Buying my new device hookup

Jump to solution

@SmokingJoe wrote:

My device is maybe 6 years old. It is time for a new one. 

Without know what device you have (model number, not name) it's hard to make that assessment. There are many 6 year old Roku players that are still perfectly functional, while others I would completely agree with.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Express. Released in September 2016. In general, they last 3 to 5 years. Time for a new one.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For that specific model, I am in complete agreement. The first generation of Express players are woefully lacking compared to every new device now available. My personal recommendation is the Express 4K+. Even if you don't have a 4K TV, its features and performance are worth the price step up from the basic Express (which even itself is a vast improvement over yours).

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

In August, I will get the Roku Express 4K+ 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.