Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darinwn
Reel Rookie

Motel Owner, possibilities so guests can't log us out of apps or roku? Or Hotel device?

Motel Owner. Is there a way to make it so guests can't log us out of apps or roku?

Cable is horrible in our small town so we bought a bunch of roku's for our motel and it would work great except it has added a huge headache because guests keep logging us out.  We pay for streaming DTV and it is almost daily we have to go resign in.

Any suggestions would be great.  Or does Roku have a Hotel device I could buy for the motel?  They could make it so the device even reenters your usernames and passwords into your apps with a button and/or at every power up.  If they don't have a device like that it would be an awesome product for them to make!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
a12josephr
Channel Surfer

Re: Motel Owner, possibilities so guests can't log us out of apps or roku? Or Hotel device?

i might be able help you

0 Kudos
Darinwn
Reel Rookie

Re: Motel Owner, possibilities so guests can't log us out of apps or roku? Or Hotel device?

That would be great.  How?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Have you tried setting them to Guest Mode?

https://support.roku.com/article/360015612834 

0 Kudos
Darinwn
Reel Rookie

I haven't,  thanks for the suggestion.   With Guest Mode they won't be able to be signed into our dtv account will they?  I am actually out of town but I will play with that more when I get back.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Darinwn, one of the complaints that people have about Guest Mode is that you can't set the default apps that get installed, so you'd have to give your guests instructions on how to install the DTV app and sign into it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Darinwn
Reel Rookie

Yeah, that wouldn't work then because I'd have to give everyone my DTV password.

0 Kudos