Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Identical Settings on New Roku Device

Jump to solution

If I get a new device and hook it up. Will it know my other settings from the old device automatically?

Rick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Identical Settings on New Roku Device

Jump to solution

That post was spam, and it's gone now.

When you purchase a new Roku device and link it to your existing user account, all channels that your account has on other Roku devices will be added to the new device. Some will carry over login credentials, while others require adding the credentials on the new device. 

Just make certain you use the same user account email address to activate the new device on your current account.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Re: Buying my new device hookup

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is not the answer I need. I need someone who is more experienced to answer this. Thanks for trying.  

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Identical Settings on New Roku Device

Jump to solution

That post was spam, and it's gone now.

When you purchase a new Roku device and link it to your existing user account, all channels that your account has on other Roku devices will be added to the new device. Some will carry over login credentials, while others require adding the credentials on the new device. 

Just make certain you use the same user account email address to activate the new device on your current account.

Dan

SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! 

0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

To be honest. It is the remote that is bad. Sometimes it sends mixed signals to the device. It drives me nuts. So, I have no choice but to replace it all.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can buy remotes separately if that’s the entire issue.  Both Roku-brand remotes and third-party remotes which are very cheap.  (Third party remotes are mostly IR, which works fine as long as you have direct line-of-site, no walls or cabinets in between etc.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have checked the remote cost. It is cheaper just getting a whole new unit with remote. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@SmokingJoe wrote:

I have checked the remote cost. It is cheaper just getting a whole new unit with remote. 

Yep, that's often the case. And not specific to Roku devices either. Sometimes replacement accessories like remotes can cost almost as much as buying a new device, and then you get a model with (potentially) better hardware specs. That's certainly the case comparing a new Roku player with one perhaps 4-5 years old. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well, on Amazon, I see a two-pack of Roku-compatible remotes for $11.99 with free (Prime) delivery in somewhere between 3 and 8 hours from now. 

Assuming of course that the remote for sure is the issue.  The only seemingly remote issue I’ve had was cured by restarting the Roku, so it would appear that my issue (randomly repeating direction keys) is/was a software issue that probably wouldn’t be cured by any new hardware.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My device is maybe 6 years old. It is time for a new one. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.