Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwag1

My Roku device powers on for the loading screen but then immediately shuts off

Jump to solution

I'm having a simular issue. I have a streaming stick. It is plugged in a AC adapter. I plug it in and it goes to the ROKU boot screen then after a few seconds just shuts off.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku device powers on for the loading screen but then immediately shuts off

Jump to solution

Hi, @cwag1,

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

We understand you're experiencing unexpected trouble with your Roku device's power. We want to dive into this to get you back on streaming as soon as possible. 

This problem is sometimes caused by fluctuations in your power supply, which implies that the Roku is not receiving enough power to proceed with its normal performance.

To troubleshoot the problem you're currently running into, try doing the following steps below to see if it makes any difference:

• Use a different power adaptor on your Roku. Make sure that you're using the one that is recommended for all Roku devices. You may see the following examples below:image.png
  • You may also try plugging your Roku directly into the TV's USB port. If that doesn't work, try other USB ports.
  • Remove and reattach the USB cable, making sure it is securely and firmly connected to the TV and the power connector on your streaming player.
  • Try plugging your Roku to a different power outlet
  • If the issue persists, try connecting your Roku to a different TV

For more detailed information, kindly visit this support FAQ on what to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku device powers on for the loading screen but then immediately shuts off

Jump to solution

Hi, @cwag1,

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

We understand you're experiencing unexpected trouble with your Roku device's power. We want to dive into this to get you back on streaming as soon as possible. 

This problem is sometimes caused by fluctuations in your power supply, which implies that the Roku is not receiving enough power to proceed with its normal performance.

To troubleshoot the problem you're currently running into, try doing the following steps below to see if it makes any difference:

• Use a different power adaptor on your Roku. Make sure that you're using the one that is recommended for all Roku devices. You may see the following examples below:image.png
  • You may also try plugging your Roku directly into the TV's USB port. If that doesn't work, try other USB ports.
  • Remove and reattach the USB cable, making sure it is securely and firmly connected to the TV and the power connector on your streaming player.
  • Try plugging your Roku to a different power outlet
  • If the issue persists, try connecting your Roku to a different TV

For more detailed information, kindly visit this support FAQ on what to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on.

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.