Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
truperti

Roku loses signal every time I press a button on the remote

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up a Roku 4K streaming stick on my projector. Every time I hit a button on the remote the Roku instantly loses signal. I can get the signal back by switching to another hdmi input on the projector remote and then switching right back. This happens both with the physical remote and with the phone remote as well

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku loses signal every time I press a button on the remote

Jump to solution

Welcome, @LEXNYBK.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We noticed you're also having difficulty with your Roku on your Projector. 

Please be advised that Roku devices work best when used on TVs. However, if you're having trouble using a Roku device for your Projector, to isolate the problem, you may try plugging your Roku device into a TV and see if it makes any difference. This will let us know where the problem is coming from. If this step resolves the issue, the problem is within your Projector. You may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know how what you find out.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @truperti,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. How are you powering your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LEXNYBK

Jump to solution

I have a very similar, if not the same issue. 

I’ve tried different HDMI 2.0 cables and ports on my projector. I think I may have tried changing every setting on Roku, have the latest firmware installed, etc.

Please advise - this has been super frustrating, and thank you.

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @LEXNYBK.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We noticed you're also having difficulty with your Roku on your Projector. 

Please be advised that Roku devices work best when used on TVs. However, if you're having trouble using a Roku device for your Projector, to isolate the problem, you may try plugging your Roku device into a TV and see if it makes any difference. This will let us know where the problem is coming from. If this step resolves the issue, the problem is within your Projector. You may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know how what you find out.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.