Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FF2

Hisense TV stuck in a recovery mode update loop

My Hisense roku tv is stuck in recovery loop. 
serial x01900kcyahm

roku tv g212x

hisense model series-65

how do I get unstuck? Reset, unplugging, nothing works

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
HELPME57

Every time I turn on my TCL Roku TV the next morning it goes to recovery mode

Help I don't know why it does this

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense TV stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Hi @FF2 @HELPME57

Welcome, and thanks for taking the time to post to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware of this, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

@FF2, we acknowledge the information you have provided and will update our team on this.

In the meantime, @HELPME57, please provide us with the required details so we can send to our appropriate Roku team the additional information for the investigation:

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • Photo of the error message for reference.

We're hoping for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue. This thread will provide an update on further developments in the investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NazhaeS

My tcl Roku tv keeps restarting

My tcl roku tv keep restarting! I tried to press the reset button for 15 seconds and going through the set up but it don’t stay on long enough for me to finish the recovery mode/set up. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in. I tried switching the outlet. Nothing is helping! It still keeps restarting

0 Kudos
youandme
Reel Rookie

Roku tv locked on purple screen

My TCL Roku tv is locked on purple screen or recovery screen. I cant get to settings or anything. I have no devices except a fire stick witch i have disconnected. However I can get netflicks intermittently. I have internet connection (starlink)I have done the hit home button 5 times then ff etcetera. It always goes back to the purple screen Its been over a week nowI need some help but Roku is not helping at all. Thank you for any assistance  

So a week Has gone by. I have done the factory update with the USB code 6 times I have tried everything.20240616_153230.jpg(the tv id is in the photo.) also a code on the tv to copy into updatetv,roku. After code input it would not except the code and locked up I have done this several times and always the purple screen. Also from time to time very intermittently when i hit the netflicks app it comes up and will run netflicks. so we have network hook up

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv locked on purple screen

Are you describing what people are describing here? https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/The-home-screen-of-the-Roku-TV-is-displaying-as-blank/td-p... Roku is asking for more information in that thread.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv locked on purple screen

Hi @youandme,

Thanks for letting us know about this experience.

Our team is aware of the issue with Roku TV. Could you provide us with the details requested by @RokuJechealR? Our Roku engineers need these details to investigate your affected device.

We're anticipating your response with the said details.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
neanderthal77
Reel Rookie

Roku TV stuck in recovery mode after reset how to factory reset device

How do I factory reset if the 30 second holding of the reset button doesn't work (it only recovery resets)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV stuck in recovery mode after reset how to factory reset device

Hi, @neanderthal77.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted assistance in factory resetting your Roku. We want to take a closer look at your concern.

Since it is stuck in recovery mode after reset, to help us understand your concern and lay the best resolution, kindly give us the following details:

• What Roku Device/ TV do you have?
  • Please provide the serial number of the Roku Device/TV.

Meanwhile, for more detailed knowledge, you can visit this support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My tcl Roku tv keeps restarting

Hi @NazhaeS,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention regarding the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku TCL TV and the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We do not have any details to give at this time, but once more information is available, we'll update this Community thread.

We're hoping for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue. This thread will provide an update on further developments in the investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.