Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donna62

My tv will not get off the black screen.

Jump to solution

I have had three Roku TVs that this happened to. I have tried EVERYTHING. I have turned all the boxes off including the TV and Roku boxes. The last thing I have tried is rebooting it by pressing the home button 5 times, up button once, rewind twice and forward twice. It goes to the logo screen but fades away before going to the home page.

I don't want to but OTHER TV. Help me fix this one. Walmart will take it back. They say to contact the tv's makers who tells me to mail it back, Since the warranty is out. Not going to happen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My tv will not get off the black screen.

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Donna62!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you're currently experiencing on your Roku streaming devices. We'd be happy to review your concern and help you find the best resolution possible.

Can you please clarify if you've plugged in a Roku streaming device on one of your Roku TVs? If so, please be aware that they have the same running operating system and when connected to one another may cause issues like this.

We highly recommend connecting your Roku streaming device to a regular non-Roku TV and let us know how it goes.

Furthermore, if you are having this issue on your TCL and RCA Roku TV, we highly suggest reaching out directly to their support as they manufacture their own player hardware. We only support the running software operating system of your TV. 

You may reach them here:

Feel free to let us know if you will add additional information and clarifications so we can assess your concern better and provide an accurate resolution.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My tv will not get off the black screen.

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Donna62!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you're currently experiencing on your Roku streaming devices. We'd be happy to review your concern and help you find the best resolution possible.

Can you please clarify if you've plugged in a Roku streaming device on one of your Roku TVs? If so, please be aware that they have the same running operating system and when connected to one another may cause issues like this.

We highly recommend connecting your Roku streaming device to a regular non-Roku TV and let us know how it goes.

Furthermore, if you are having this issue on your TCL and RCA Roku TV, we highly suggest reaching out directly to their support as they manufacture their own player hardware. We only support the running software operating system of your TV. 

You may reach them here:

Feel free to let us know if you will add additional information and clarifications so we can assess your concern better and provide an accurate resolution.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.