Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver?

Jump to solution

@mx_pacoo

Thanks for following up. 

Have you made sure the connections are secure? If so, it's possible that the AWR is damaged. To help you further, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device? Each Roku player has its serial number printed on the bottom or back of the product.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
mx_pacoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yea i’ve checked it and  visually it seems fine without any damage. and the serial number is 21399H030716

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mx_pacoo,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand that you are getting an error message of “missing an advanced wireless receiver”. A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Itsjake100
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver on Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue all of a sudden… it was working fine this morning then I come home from work and the remote is not working and neither is the wifi…

0 Kudos
Itsjake100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed my issue. It was the power brick I was using. Probably insufficient power being supplied, kinda like Amazon Fire Sticks where if you have a bad power cable or power brick Android (FireTV OS) will just boot loop…

Purelife

Jump to solution

Been on chat twice with 2 different people and still not able to get it to work! It's a dam shame there's no such thing ad customer service! Telling me the same thing I just did with the other person 20 minutes ago! And Telling them we've done that!! Time for a new service 

0 Kudos
Pharr031

Re: Error on setup with AWR issue

Jump to solution

Hi Nimfa @RokuNimfa-C

We are experiencing this Missing AWR message suddenly. Our roku has been working for a year until now. 

could you have an associate contact us?

s/n - 263141404152

model - 3810X

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pharr031,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate the information provided about this issue. 

If your device is outside the warranty period, then we recommend you purchase a replacement USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi Receiver cable.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
clm1

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku Streaming Stick+ with no Advanced Wireless Receiver.  The part that came with my Sticks does not say ROKU and are shorter and less wide that what is pictured in the box instructions. They worked fine until a month ago, now getting the no AWR notice. Hope you can help.

SN:C137A7570720 Model 3810X

SN:C13860801383 Model 3810X

Thanks!

clm1

0 Kudos
jim1330
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. And it has been going on for sometime. I reported it earlier to Roku community, but received back an HDMI extender cable. It was no help. Same problem. It has happened in numerous rooms in numerous locations. Help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.