Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on setup with advanced wireless receiver issue

Jump to solution

When I plug it in and startup my Roku Streaming stick asks for preferred language. Then I get “ Missing advanced wireless receiver. The wireless receiver is not detected and must be connected. I’ve tried it with direct power and usb power. Get the same results. Promise the wireless receiver is plugged into the stick. Checked the connection to it twice. HE

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Itsjake100
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver on Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I fixed my issue. It was the power brick I was using. Probably insufficient power being supplied, kinda like Amazon Fire Sticks where if you have a bad power cable or power brick Android (FireTV OS) will just boot loop…

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Error on setup with AWR issue

Jump to solution

Hi @MsDisastrous

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

Have you tried to plug it into a different HDMI port on your TV? If you still see the issue occurs, kindly provide us with the serial number of your Roku device so we can look into this further. Its serial number or device ID is printed on the bottom or back of the product.

We'll keep an eye on your update. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JKT2

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue and have tried multiple HDMI ports.    Where do we send the unit ID number/code for you to troubleshoot?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JKT2

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate your effort in attempt doing the troubleshooting first on your end. You can post the information here, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further. If you are not comfortable posting the detail publicly, kindly send me a private message and I'll take it from there. 

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JKT2

Jump to solution

As mentioned on the community board, We have tried all three HDMI ports, and checked all the cable connections but still get the same message.

Model #3820X SN: S08Y42C4U06H

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mx_pacoo
Reel Rookie

Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver?

Jump to solution

i also had the same problem

my device series number is: 21399H030716

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver?

Jump to solution

Hi @mx_pacoo

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
mx_pacoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i connected my roku device to the tv and when i turn it on it gets stuck on the choose language screen and a message box pops up saying i’m “missing an advanced wireless receiver” but i do have it connected, in fact i’ve used this device for a couple of months but this problem started yesterday and i can’t get rid of it

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just to be clear: you are using the power cable that came with your Roku, correct? The advanced wireless receiver is built into the power cable.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mx_pacoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes i’m using everything that came in the box and as i said earlier, it was working before

0 Kudos