Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HectorSalamanca
Channel Surfer

No video w/ Streambar Pro

I have my Streambar Pro I just bought here, connected via ARC to my Fire TV, with all my settings turned on and /or correctly. The Roku remote has functionality, I can hear the sounds and control the volume, but it says no signal detected. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No video w/ Streambar Pro

The sounds, I assume, are coming from the Streambar itself.  You'll get them whether it's connected to anything or not.  Try a different HDMI cable, a different HDMI input on the TV, or a different TV.  Do you have another device like a Blu-ray player that you can connect to the TV to prove that the HDMI input on the TV is working?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HectorSalamanca
Channel Surfer

The remote works the FireTV, the audio doesn’t seem to be coming from the soundbar, but rather the TV itself, the volume buttons on this brand new Roku remote that came with the Streambar is able to control my TVs volume. Even when I hit other remote buttons it makes a sound like the back button would make when it’s on the Home Screen, the sound of it can’t go back any further, you know. The HDMI ARC port is functioning when my Xbox is plugged into it, and when I plug the Streambar up to it (with the provided HDMI cord), it connects, I see the volume bar pop up and the remote functions. Now if I have the Streambar in the ARC port and my Xbox elsewhere, I can switch input to use the Xbox but it seems to be dragging the sound to the Streambar, as there’s no sound, but is not playing out of the Streambar or TV itself

0 Kudos
HectorSalamanca
Channel Surfer

I have also tried using my Xbox HDMI cable for the Streambar with no avail. I tried even using the included HDMI cable and Xbox HDMI separately into a non ARC port with the optical cable and still the exact same outcome, no video but the Roku remote controls my FireTV and all the buttons seem to be reacting, sound wise. The startup screen to setup still has never come up as I can get zero video. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That's all interesting.  I can only guess that the Roku remote is controlling the TV's volume through some kind of CEC magic.  Normally the remote would just control the volume of the Streambar itself.  The only other things I can think to try before throwing in the towel and returning it are to try it on another TV and/or a factory reset.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
HectorSalamanca
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your help brother! I just decided to go buy a new TV and it’s all working seamlessly!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.