Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljc310
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

OK.  Please read ALL of the posts about this issue.  NO ONE CAN SIGN IN!!!  AND PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE CHANGED PASSWORDS AND IT DIDN'T WORK.  ALL HAVE CHECKED CREDENTIALS!!!!  And if the passwords and credetials were not correct, we would not be able to sign in an post to this 'community'.

Also read the last post from Josh68.  Asked if thread can be closed due to ROKU reps NOT reading or caring about what's going on.  because it is apparently a ROKU issue that no one at ROKU wants to admit or correct.  

IF ROKU CARES, YOU HAVE ALL THE INFO YOU NEED.  JUST FIX YOUR APP!!  And quit telling people to do the SAME THINGS THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE!!!

I am going to ignore all future posts because ROKU is not paying attention or taking care of the problem.

0 Kudos
colleenpridemor
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

I can sign in to the site now, thank you. However, I have posted a new issue I am having.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.