Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV wont turn on, unable to connect to Roku Mobile app

Jump to solution

This should work but my TV turned off with no reason and it won't turn on again. I believe it has something to do with parental controls I installed but I can't do anything about it in my roku app. Is there a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote application installed but won't connect to Onn Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous911,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are glad you are sharing the issue of your television not connecting to the Roku mobile app. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Before we start, we would like to know what is the model of the Roku TV/device that you are having an issue with.

If your television is not turning on, you will require a physical Roku remote to operate it. This is necessary to ensure that your Roku TV/device is connected to the internet before attempting to sync it with the Roku mobile app.

Since your television is not turning on, we highly suggest you try the following.

1. Restart your television by unplugging it from the power source for 10 seconds.
  2. Try to plug it back into a different power outlet.
  3. Once powered on, you may now refer to this Roku Support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

We recommend you try the suggested troubleshooting steps above, and please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote application installed but won't connect to Onn Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous911,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are glad you are sharing the issue of your television not connecting to the Roku mobile app. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Before we start, we would like to know what is the model of the Roku TV/device that you are having an issue with.

If your television is not turning on, you will require a physical Roku remote to operate it. This is necessary to ensure that your Roku TV/device is connected to the internet before attempting to sync it with the Roku mobile app.

Since your television is not turning on, we highly suggest you try the following.

1. Restart your television by unplugging it from the power source for 10 seconds.
  2. Try to plug it back into a different power outlet.
  3. Once powered on, you may now refer to this Roku Support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

We recommend you try the suggested troubleshooting steps above, and please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.