Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app unable to find device

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @JulBee!

We are fully aware of this occurring issue, and is currently under investigation. 

Rest assured that once we have updates and further information from them, we will make sure to share it with the Community. 

If there's anything else you'd want us to address, please let us know. We'd be more than willing to address and take appropriate action. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Julia111
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB 

I updated my original post to include the device SN along with software version, etc. Please advise if you require additional information.

The issue has actually gotten worse in that the device now also randomly disconnects from the Internet mid-show. Apparently, attempting to fix one problem has created a new problem. 

Then again, I probably ought to have listened to the old adage, "you get what you pay for." Given it's a streaming stick, I obviously didn't pay a lot for it. But the price was too high once I consider how much time and effort it takes to be able to use the thing. It worked great straight out of the box and lasted about 2 months. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Julia111,
We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. Once more information is available, we will update this thread.

We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything further we can do to help, and we'll continue assisting you at any time. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
An2424

I recently been having the same issue on my other phone I was able to use the app not just the Roku app other streaming devices to use the remote recently I have lost my controller to the TV and tried downloading the Roku app again to use to control my TV and it cannot find my TV it is on the same Wi-Fi network I also downloaded several other streaming devices to use the remote and it also can't find the TV I'm not sure why because I never had issues in the past could someone please help me

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @An2424,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We understand you are having trouble connecting your Roku device to the Roku mobile app. 

We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Follow these steps in order:

• Restart your Roku device. To restart your Roku device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.
  •  Restart the Roku mobile app
  • Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.
    1. Launch the Roku mobile app
    2. Tap Devices 

3. Tap Get help?
    4. Select Connect manually
    5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

You may also refer to this link: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app | Roku

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carrina02

Yes this is like me as well. I’ve unplugged my tv, deleted the app, checked the wifi on both my tv and my phone, and checked my update on both. What makes it even more frustrating is the fact that 1. My TV is playing YouTube WHILE it says it can’t connect to it. 2. I can cast YouTube to it from my YT phone app AND I can share my screen to it just fine. And 3. It works on and off. I’ll be trying to connect it for like 15 mins and then it will FINALLY decide to connect; only for me to watch a show and it not connect again. And manually connecting it never works for me.
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carrina02,

Thanks for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve this issue. Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see the Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Also, Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.