Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrissyNicole99
Reel Rookie

Roku app on my phone is not recognizing my phone anymore

Jump to solution

I got a new internet router and modem and now my roku app is not recognizing my phone so I can use the app for a remote and broadcast from my phone to the TV.   And I have tried everything. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app on my phone is not recognizing my phone anymore

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @KrissyNicole99.

We understand you're having trouble recognizing your phone with your Roku Mobile App. Let's take a closer look at it. 

You may try the following troubleshooting steps provided below to see if they improve your current situation.

• Ensure that both your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network name and band. Most routers have two bands, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. It's important to check that both devices are connected to the same band to avoid any frequency mismatch between your Roku and phone.
  • Is Access Point (AP) isolation enabled on your network? AP isolation prevents devices from communicating on a Wi-Fi network. Refer to the documentation for your router to learn how to check and disable this setting, or contact the person who manages your network for help.
  • Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.
  1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices 

3. Tap Get help?
  4. Select Connect Manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT 

image.png

For more comprehensive information, you can visit this support FAQ on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @KrissyNicole99.

We understand you're having trouble recognizing your phone with your Roku Mobile App. Let's take a closer look at it. 

You may try the following troubleshooting steps provided below to see if they improve your current situation.

• Ensure that both your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network name and band. Most routers have two bands, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. It's important to check that both devices are connected to the same band to avoid any frequency mismatch between your Roku and phone.
  • Is Access Point (AP) isolation enabled on your network? AP isolation prevents devices from communicating on a Wi-Fi network. Refer to the documentation for your router to learn how to check and disable this setting, or contact the person who manages your network for help.
  • Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.
  1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices 

3. Tap Get help?
  4. Select Connect Manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT 

image.png

For more comprehensive information, you can visit this support FAQ on how to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app.

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KrissyNicole99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did that multiple times.   It didn't work.  But when I came home from work last night the app connected to my tv.  I don't know what the problem was on Sunday.  But it is working now. 

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @KrissyNicole99.

We are pleased to know that the problem has been successfully resolved on your Roku Mobile App. If you encounter any further issues or have any questions regarding your Roku devices, please don't hesitate to get our attention. We truly value your time and cooperation in this matter and are grateful for your continued support."

Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.