Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geekaykristan
Reel Rookie

My Roku no longer shows as a available device on my network.

Jump to solution

Model 3941x

ID 9C-303-887 current issue code. 

The Roku app no longer lists this Roku as an available device to connect to. 

I have verified they are on the same network, tried a different network, restarted the app, the phone, and the Roku. Then I Tried a hard reboot on the Roku, which has fixed this in the past. I've tried restarting the router also. 

What do I try next? How do I get private listening back? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku no longer shows as a available device on my network.

Jump to solution

Thanks for stopping by here, @Geekaykristan.

Thanks for constantly updating us with your concerns. We want to dive deep into the new problem you're currently facing with the headphones mode of your Roku app not working.

When using Headphone Mode, it's essential to consider that the audio is transmitted over the same wireless network used by other devices in your home. As a result, the audio quality may be affected by the network traffic generated by these different devices. Therefore, checking your internet connection is crucial in resolving this issue. 

If you're still having unintended behavior with your audio, you may try doing the following steps below to see if it resolves the problem: 

1. When using Bluetooth headphones for mobile Headphone Mode, try re-pairing them to your phone or tablet.
  2. Check that your headphones work properly by listening to them on another device.
  3. If you use the Roku mobile app, turn Headphone Mode off and turn it back on again. If restarting the Headphone Mode session like this does not work, close and reopen the Roku mobile app and try again.
  4. If none of the steps above didn't work, restart your router by unplugging the power cable from the router, waiting 10 seconds, and reconnecting. 

For more detailed troubleshooting steps, kindly visit this support article: How to resolve an issue with Headphone Mode.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @Geekaykristan.

We'd be happy to examine your concern about the Roku Mobile App not recognizing your Roku device. Rest assured that we'll resolve this problem as quickly as possible.

Have you tried checking if your Roku and phone are connected to the same bandwidth of your network? For instance, both devices are connected to 2.5 GHz or 5.0 GHz at the same time. When both your phone and your Roku device are connected to the same network but not on the same network bandwidth, they may not be able to communicate effectively. If you're unsure which bandwidth to connect to, try contacting your Internet Service Provider for further assistance. 

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Geekaykristan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I have triple checked that. I have also cross checked that when I select the exact same 2.5ghz router band that the Roku app does not see the Roku device. I have also checked both on the 5.0ghz channel. Next suggestion?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate for the response, @Geekaykristan!

Thanks for the steps you took trying to fix the problem. In this case, may we know who your ISP is? Also, have you verified that your router is set to use b/g/n Wireless Mode on the 2.4 GHz band?

Please switch the router 2.4 GHz configuration protocols from the g/n WiFi set by the update back to b/g/n.

If you need help modifying your router settings, you can contact your internet service provider's customer support team for assistance. Since they are trained to configure their wireless gateway, they might be able to assist you.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Geekaykristan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestions and the support! 2.5 ghz is set to b/g/n, confirmed. I unplugged the Roku for 30 seconds, restarted my phone, and attempted to connect again. Still nothing. 😭 What shall I try next? 

0 Kudos
Geekaykristan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I figured it out!! I fixed one problem but now I have another. The Roku has existed with no issues for 2 years on a VPN. Now, it is undiscoverable if the VPN is on at the router level. Yay. Now that that is figured out and the roku 4k is connected to my phone with no VPN, the private listening will not work. I've tried 2 different headphones both are paired to the mobile device and will work with all other apps. The Roku will turn on private listening for a few moments, then turn it off. Do I need to start a new help post? 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for stopping by here, @Geekaykristan.

Thanks for constantly updating us with your concerns. We want to dive deep into the new problem you're currently facing with the headphones mode of your Roku app not working.

When using Headphone Mode, it's essential to consider that the audio is transmitted over the same wireless network used by other devices in your home. As a result, the audio quality may be affected by the network traffic generated by these different devices. Therefore, checking your internet connection is crucial in resolving this issue. 

If you're still having unintended behavior with your audio, you may try doing the following steps below to see if it resolves the problem: 

1. When using Bluetooth headphones for mobile Headphone Mode, try re-pairing them to your phone or tablet.
  2. Check that your headphones work properly by listening to them on another device.
  3. If you use the Roku mobile app, turn Headphone Mode off and turn it back on again. If restarting the Headphone Mode session like this does not work, close and reopen the Roku mobile app and try again.
  4. If none of the steps above didn't work, restart your router by unplugging the power cable from the router, waiting 10 seconds, and reconnecting. 

For more detailed troubleshooting steps, kindly visit this support article: How to resolve an issue with Headphone Mode.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.