Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanmoore
Reel Rookie

Roku App on TCL Tablet Won't Let Me Log-In

I installed the Roku app on my daughter's TCL tablet so she can take advantage of the personal listening option, but the app refuses to sign in; every time I enter my email/password as requested, it takes me back to the "Welcome to the Roku app" screen.

I can successfully sign in to the app on several other devices, but those are not "fresh" app installs like the one on the tablet.

I've cleared cache & data, uninstalled & reinstalled the app, and can confirm my password is correct.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku App on TCL Tablet Won't Let Me Log-In

Hi @bryanmoore,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with signing in to the Roku Mobile app. We'd like to know more about it to help you further. Please provide us with more details.

• Have you tried logging in to the browser or computer?
  • Do your login credentials match and let you sign in when trying on a browser or other phone? (Try changing the password if not)
  • Is your mobile phone connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device?
  • Is your Apple or Android software version compatible?

To use the Roku mobile app to connect to your Roku device, please ensure your mobile device is connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device. The Roku app for iOS is compatible with Apple devices running iOS version 11.0 or higher, while the Roku app for Android is compatible with Android devices running Android version 5.0 or higher. You can also check this article for more details on how to sign in with your Roku mobile app.

Let us know so we can further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bryanmoore
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the welcome and the help, Chel!

I can log into my account via the browser, the tablet is on the same network as the RokuTV, and the tablet is running the latest version of Android.

From my own phone and my wife's, the app works flawlessly and it is only on my daughter's tablet that the app won't.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@bryanmoore,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to take a closer look at this. To better understand, please share with us the details below.

• Tablet brand or model and its software version.
  • Mobile app version

We'll be able to flag the appropriate Roku team once we have this information available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.