Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aahawks

Roku Channel Not Playing Shows

Jump to solution

I am trying to playing shows on the Roku app, but they do not play. It will say play season 1 Episode 1. When I click it, nothing happens. I am trying to do this on my Roku Player and on the Website. I have restarted my Roku and uninstalled/reinstalled the Roku App. Nothing works. An example show is The Bionic Woman.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Not Playing Shows

Jump to solution

Hi @aahawks,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
I noticed in your post that you are having trouble playing shows on your Roku player and on the website. I would be more than willing to sort this out for you.

Before we continue, could you please tell us if this is happening from all of the content and channels that you are trying to play or only on a specific channel?

As I've checked, The Bionic Woman content is still available on Roku. It can be viewed on the Roku Channel, Prime Video, and Apple TV. You may refer to this information in our Roku Channel Store online.

In the meantime, I recommend you to try the following: 

Restart your Roku player:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Check your internet connection:

3. Select Network
  4. Select Check connection

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue | How to check the connection to your home network and the internet

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Not Playing Shows

Jump to solution

Hi @aahawks,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
I noticed in your post that you are having trouble playing shows on your Roku player and on the website. I would be more than willing to sort this out for you.

Before we continue, could you please tell us if this is happening from all of the content and channels that you are trying to play or only on a specific channel?

As I've checked, The Bionic Woman content is still available on Roku. It can be viewed on the Roku Channel, Prime Video, and Apple TV. You may refer to this information in our Roku Channel Store online.

In the meantime, I recommend you to try the following: 

Restart your Roku player:

3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Check your internet connection:

3. Select Network
  4. Select Check connection

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue | How to check the connection to your home network and the internet

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.