Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jheymach
Channel Surfer

No option to access power button and volume key on The Roku mobile app

I've had this problem for a few months now.  For the most part, I've given up and use the app, but unfortunately that doesn't control my TV volume.

The thing is, I had been using this remote for at least a year, with no battery issues.  I thought maybe my remote had a short, but there are too many people with the same issue.

And no, I would not like to try to configure my router.  The reason many of us choose Roku is because it is the EASIEST plug and play device.  We aren't the type of users who generally mess with settings of devices which are difficult to access. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
jheymach
Channel Surfer

Re: No option to access power button and volume key on The Roku mobile app

Carly,

Am I missing something?  I don't see a volume control or a power button on the app.  

I get around the power button issue by going to home and choosing TV off

But I don't see any volume controls?

0 Kudos
thejimmer
Channel Surfer

the tech who was hired by roku to set up the app either was paid only so much to create an app and when the money ran out, they stopped moving forward 0r the big brains at roku decided you do not need a volumn control with the app-   I woud have never went to use the ruko device if the chrome people would have got their device moving formard - but they took their eye off the ball and went by the side of the road instead-    

0 Kudos
jheymach
Channel Surfer

The way around this would be for ROKU to add a tile for volume control on the Home screen, similar to the Power Off one.

Maybe someone at ROKU will see this and add the feature??.??

@thejimmer yes, the Chromecast did just die off.  That was a wasted investment.   

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jheymach!

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

We understand that you are having trouble finding the volume and power button on your Roku mobile app. No worries; we're here to help you access those buttons.

To adjust the volume function on the Roku remote app, you can use the volume key directly on your phone. Additionally, the power button should be located in the upper right corner of your phone screen. If you are still having difficulty locating it, please try signing out, uninstalling the app, re-installing it, and signing back in.

Please ensure that you have the official Roku Mobile app installed. You can refer to these support pages:
How to install The Roku Mobile app
The Roku Mobile app's official website

All the best,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jheymach
Channel Surfer

Elmer,

I see in the Google Play store image that the app interface "simple remote" should have a power button in the top right.  

So I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I still don't have the power button.  

See attached for screenshot of my phone.  It looks just like the image labeled "headphone mode".

And no, the volume button on my phone only controls my phone, not the TV volume.  So if I use headphone mode, yes, that would work.  But I was to control my TV.

1000016682.jpg

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jheymach, you only get the power button and volume control if you're connected to an actual Roku TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jheymach
Channel Surfer

Thanks @renojim .  Well that will be nice if my Roku TV's remote starts watibg batteries,  but for now, that remote is working.

Bummer that there's no help for those of us with just the streaming stick.  The stick has those controls so the phone app should as well.

0 Kudos