Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJA3

Keyboard automatically opening on Roku app

Jump to solution

When I switch TV in mobile app on one of my TV’s the “keyboard “ automatically opens. There is a green dot at all times next to the keyboard in the app. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keyboard automatically opening on Roku app

Jump to solution

Hi, @RJA3

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for reaching out for support, and we understand the issue you've encountered with the Roku mobile app. Kindly be assured that we're happy to help. For this instance, we recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue at hand:

1. Uninstall the Roku mobile app.
  2. Re-install the Roku mobile app.
  3. Re-set up the connection of your Roku device and Roku mobile app. 

Additionally, you may configure the settings on your mobile device's keyboard since it can help its function with the keyboard pop-up on the Roku mobile device.

We hope this works, and if there's anything we can do to assist, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @RJA3

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for reaching out for support, and we understand the issue you've encountered with the Roku mobile app. Kindly be assured that we're happy to help. For this instance, we recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue at hand:

1. Uninstall the Roku mobile app.
  2. Re-install the Roku mobile app.
  3. Re-set up the connection of your Roku device and Roku mobile app. 

Additionally, you may configure the settings on your mobile device's keyboard since it can help its function with the keyboard pop-up on the Roku mobile device.

We hope this works, and if there's anything we can do to assist, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mexigreek

Jump to solution

Still happens after uninstall and reinstall on Android.

Enzideout

Jump to solution

I even tried clearing the data and cache before uninstalling the app and the keyboard pops up with something I searched like 6 months ago.

0 Kudos